*** IOWA STATE v. DAYTON ***

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Seems like it. I didn't catch who the refs were and haven't been able to watch everything (at work). So I don't know if it's any of our usual less-than-stellar officials, or some different ones altogether.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What was it they said about Durr being hurt and not practicing. missed the injury part.

Okay, they repeated their comment. It's a hip flexor injury.

Hard one to stretch out if injured. I've been limping around with one all week. Of course I am three times her age and don't have a trainer! Do some floor stretches and pop some ibuprofen you old man and stop pretending you can still run the parkway paths.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Getting out of control quickly now (down 15). Still plenty of time, but you get the feeling that it's not going to come together in this one. Not much different than the rest of the season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With our offensive struggles this is getting close to turn out the lights even with so much time left.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This team is capable of putting together a big run. That's what we need right now, obviously.

Making a little run at them but Dayton still looks to be a better team with better players.

Interesting stat on how much Dayton fouls. Kinda surprising as they don't look to me like the brawling style of some foul prone teams.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm not one to complain about officiating, but this is just horrid. OSU needs to go to the hole every play and stop trying ball screens.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Making a little run at them but Dayton still looks to be a better team with better players.

Interesting stat on how much Dayton fouls. Kinda surprising as they don't look to me like the brawling style of some foul prone teams.

If a couple of those threes had dropped i would have to retract the above. Dayton all of a sudden looks a little shaky.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I thought Dayton looked to be about 10 points better than us for most of the game and that is about the final margin.

Drops us to 1-5 in the last five years in NCAA. Hope we can get that turned around in the next couple of years but my expectations aren't at the same level as 10 years ago.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Doesn't help that we lost two potential starters at the beginning of the season.

We're getting a great recruiting class PLUS Ricketts and Buckley. The only question is who will step up to take over PG.

At least we now have 6 months to debate line up.

Here comes the dreaded summer for the non baseball sports fan....

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Katie Abrahamson-Henderson a former ISU wbb assistant coach who is the head coach at Albany a 13 seed almost knocked off 4 seed Duke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron