*** IOWA STATE v. DAYTON ***

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
The junior and senior classes were made up of support type players with the possible exception of Moody, and she was moody to say the least. Brynn would have been a great role player on a very good team with her ability to play defense and shoot from the outside. Fallon came along nicely as an undersized post. She could have been great in a mid-major conference. Maddie is good to provide some height off the bench. If there was some hope she could develop into more, they would have used the redshirt by now. Kidd has been nice as energy off the bench, and that should be her role. Bingley we hardly got to know, but she is coming off the bench for a three seed now. Looks like her PT has gone down since ex-KSU point Romero became eligible.

Now the classes that Billy has contributed to appear to have a little more starting with Jadda and Seanna. Hopefully Jadda gets a medical redshirt as she can be a a major contributor the next three years. Seanna is a bit of a tweener, would rather have her as a three. Don't know what to think about Jensen. Looks like BF doesn't put much stock in her either.

The he last two classes need to come through. Bry, Claire, and Burkhall can hopefully rotate in the two post positions. Durr can be a shooting wing that makes us forget about Williamson's threes. Jury is still out on Nakia, especially if TT can contribute right away. Hopefully Carlton is everything we have heard about and fits in the rotation as well.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
From what I've gathered, medical redshirts aren't applied for until the senior year IF the student athlete wants to compete for another year. For that reason we'll continue to see Jadda and Maddy listed in their original classes. Can anyone else confirm this?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
From what I've gathered, medical redshirts aren't applied for until the senior year IF the student athlete wants to compete for another year. For that reason we'll continue to see Jadda and Maddy listed in their original classes. Can anyone else confirm this?

No rule to wait for a senior year. Suppose they can wait but they can apply to the Big 12 now and not sure why they won't do it now that the season is over.They already said they are going to do it and haven't seen other schools wait.

Baier is eligible but don't think they have ever announced she is applying or not. Could mean she doesn't necessarily want to or that ISU doesn't want her for an additional year. Just spitballing here but again there is no NCAA or Big 12 rule reason to wait.

Gopher guard who was hurt about the same time as Jadda already had her press conference announcing her redshirt has been approved.

Edit: They have also never announced anything on Ricketts that I recall.

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Dayton 99, @Kentucky 94. I know I'm rooting for Dayton to keep this run going.

I'll second that. After the bracket was announced, someone posted that Dayton was a dream matchup for ISU. Not quite, more like a nightmare, even for Kentucky. They even had 24 turnovers in the game and 3 players fouled out. And they still scored 99 points! Apparently, a starter for Kentucky was suspended for the game by the coach for missing curfew last night (interestingly, the same player also had a technical in their blowout first round game). The player didn't have big stats, but she is a senior, so it might have affected chemistry some. I haven't always liked the Kentucky coach, but I'll give him credit for having the guts to suspend a starter.