Iowa State v. Mizzou

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Hopefully a lot of people go, maybe around 5,000 that would be nice.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
There was a new floor last year, maybe they buffed it for tv. Clones still strong 25-18 in the second. MU is a decent team, getting votes in the poll. Their win at Ames last year was very disappointing.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Stay out of the net ladies. Well, a wins a win. Landwehr looked good tonight. Blocking was a little suspect, but it all worked out.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Stay out of the net ladies. Well, a wins a win. Landwehr looked good tonight. Blocking was a little suspect, but it all worked out.

We blocked exponentially better tonight than we have all season. We were out-blocked 13-1 at NU. We blocked 7 or 8 tonight and got a lot of touches to slow down their best player. I thought it was a good effort blocking, still needs to improve if we are going to make a run at a Big XII title but a step in the right direction.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Made it to my first VB game in Hilton tonight. Have seen them at MU and KU before. Our girls were ready to go while Mizzou was still shaking off the bus ride. Kelsey P and Hannah W. seemed especially sharp. Carly and Rachel were solid as well. A little concerned with Caitlin's serving. She backed off her big jump serve after a couple of misses. Then kept missing. Overall, nice bounce-back from last week.

Last edited:

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Brought in my Register paper this morning fully expecting to see at least a brief story on the volleyball game. After all, it was over by 8:30 pm, early enough to make the morning paper, or so you would think. But I could find not even a brief story on the game. Was it hidden in some corner? Very disappointed in the Register.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Brought in my Register paper this morning fully expecting to see at least a brief story on the volleyball game. After all, it was over by 8:30 pm, early enough to make the morning paper, or so you would think. But I could find not even a brief story on the game. Was it hidden in some corner? Very disappointed in the Register.

I'm not surprised. The register was probably disappointed that ISU won't be in the MAC.

Will

Aug 17, 2011
ISU really looked solid. The setting was much better. All the hitters were utilized. The only weak spot in my opinion was the serving. Too many errors on easy serves.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Quick question, I've never been to a VB game before, but would like to take the GF. Is it safe to say it's pretty easy to walk up to the counter and get tickets right before the game or should i get them from the Jake ahead of time?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron