Iowa State v. Mizzou

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
ISU really looked solid. The setting was much better. All the hitters were utilized. The only weak spot in my opinion was the serving. Too many errors on easy serves.
What about Matlock? Has she been playing this much all year? She did fine when she just had to put up two hands to block, but if a ball was passed her way there was no point being scored for ISU. Was she left in to just be a blocking force?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Quick question, I've never been to a VB game before, but would like to take the GF. Is it safe to say it's pretty easy to walk up to the counter and get tickets right before the game or should i get them from the Jake ahead of time?

You'll be able to get tickets no matter what. They might not be the best depending on the game. For example the UT game will have a lot people but most likely can get parquet tickets. Since you live 4 blocks from the Jack might as well get them early to get the best seat available.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Brought in my Register paper this morning fully expecting to see at least a brief story on the volleyball game. After all, it was over by 8:30 pm, early enough to make the morning paper, or so you would think. But I could find not even a brief story on the game. Was it hidden in some corner? Very disappointed in the Register.

They sent a guy up to ISU/Iowa a few weeks ago. They might send one to ISU/Texas. Other than that, they just copy and paste the press releases that ISU sends out.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Quick question, I've never been to a VB game before, but would like to take the GF. Is it safe to say it's pretty easy to walk up to the counter and get tickets right before the game or should i get them from the Jake ahead of time?

You'll be able to get tickets no matter what. They might not be the best depending on the game. For example the UT game will have a lot people but most likely can get parquet tickets. Since you live 4 blocks from the Jack might as well get them early to get the best seat available.

Didn't they announce that there would be free admission to the UT game during last night's match? Or was I just imagining that...

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't they announce that there would be free admission to the UT game during last night's match? Or was I just imagining that...

It may be free with a ticket stub from the previous day's ISU/UT football game.

JT88

Oct 7, 2009
Yes, Bring your ticket from the ISUvTexas football and get free general admission to the volleyball game on Sunday.

First serve is 12:00 noon!

Should be a great crowd for this match!

Will

Aug 17, 2011
What about Matlock? Has she been playing this much all year? She did fine when she just had to put up two hands to block, but if a ball was passed her way there was no point being scored for ISU. Was she left in to just be a blocking force?

Matlock needs more experience on the court. She is a great athlete and can jump higher than anyone on the team. Christy takes them raw and makes them into all americans. I think Matlock will blossom in her junior and senior year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron