Iowa State wins the 2021-22 Iowa Corn CyHawk Series

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
......You can probably marked these down for next year, Football - Iowa, Wrestling - Iowa, Basketball - pickem's, cross country - ISU, volleyball - ISU, the rest - pickem's.
The only two I have marked down is Wrestling-- Iowa, and Cross Country-- ISU.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The only two I have marked down is Wrestling-- Iowa, and Cross Country-- ISU.
I am fairly confident in the volleyball. ISU is much stronger program, they will want revenge and it is opposite schedule so next year should be in Ames as this year was in Iowa City.

Reactions: HawaiiClone

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Pollard throwing some shade at local sports media.

Article was posted last night at 643pm and included 20 photos from the game. if he's talking print articles, he needs to move on into the digital age. Who still gets a paper copy of the Register/AmesTrib?

• Informative
Reactions: NorthCyd

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Article was posted last night at 643pm and included 20 photos from the game. if he's talking print articles, he needs to move on into the digital age. Who still gets a paper copy of the Register/AmesTrib?

There was no story (not even digital) by the Trib/DMR. Just a gallery by a Trib photog with some of the worst captions I've ever seen.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
I do as well.

I just mean this Cy Hawk challenge thing.

Pretty clear after being dropped from AAU that we are not on the same level as U of I. Just disheartneing to have some fake competition that will seem really stupid given the level each schools' AD will be on in 10 years.
In terms of academics? We have much better engineering, and we have Ag and Design colleges, which they don’t have. We also arguably have a better College of Business now. Losing AAU status is bad, but Iowa State has a lot to offer.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Got pretty excited to see Gabe in the picture, as it makes me think he will definitely be coming back. However, then I saw George Conditt and now I have no idea what is happening.
George is back to finish up school and graduate - he is in the same major program as my daughter. They talked at the softball game and that is what he told her.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I do as well.

I just mean this Cy Hawk challenge thing.

Pretty clear after being dropped from AAU that we are not on the same level as U of I. Just disheartneing to have some fake competition that will seem really stupid given the level each schools' AD will be on in 10 years.
AAU is greatly skewed toward Medical schools and against Ag schools. They don't even count any research in Ag as research at all. That is two strikes against ISU in staying in AAU. It is actually pretty impressive that despite those strikes tipping the scales ISU was able to stay AAU for over half a century.

But maybe after you get done throwing your hissy fit and calm down, you will educate yourself on the issue.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
AAU is greatly skewed toward Medical schools and against Ag schools. They don't even count any research in Ag as research at all. That is two strikes against ISU in staying in AAU. It is actually pretty impressive that despite those strikes tipping the scales ISU was able to stay AAU for over half a century.

But maybe after you get done throwing your hissy fit and calm down, you will educate yourself on the issue.
Thank you. Saved me from having to post the same thing. Enough with the AAU angst already...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
All I really care about is Football, M bball and Wrestling and to a way lesser degree W bball, though that has been growing on me lately. I could care less about the rest. But congrats on winning the Cy-Hawk Corn Series trophy.

• Dumb
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

OK buddy, thanks for setting me straight.

Must be nice living in never-never land. Maybe I'll come visit ya when I need a break from reality.
*bonus points if you can tell me the movie without Google.

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
OK buddy, thanks for setting me straight.

Must be nice living in never-never land. Maybe I'll come visit ya when I need a break from reality.
*bonus points if you can tell me the movie without Google.
OK, so now you are calling me a grumpy old man? :confused:

I neither confirm nor deny that this is true. ;)

I couldn't place it so I had to look it up. It was familiar though...