Iowa-UNI

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Ok... gotta ask.. What would you rather have?? I thoughtt the gold was classic. Never thought black looked great there.

I think the floor now looks pretty good, the old look and logo needed some updating. I do wish they would wear the gold unis at home, though. I can't stand the white.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Hmmm...after watching this, I think chances are ISU loses at Iowa. Iowa has a lot of weapons and Gatens shoots the 3 ball well. They also have played tougher competition to this point in the season. If ISU can win there, I'll consider it an upset and I'll be very pleased.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
But they owned the Hawks in the paint in the 1st half, until Lick decided to start dropping a guy on Egelseder when he got the ball.

Doesn't surprise me to see Lick make halftime adjustments that put his team in a position to win. He is a good coach. I am no fan of Iowa but I find it hard to not like Lickliter.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Seriously, the old logo is lame, I can't believe I was able to find this.

iowaavatar1-1.jpg

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Hmmm...after watching this, I think chances are ISU loses at Iowa. Iowa has a lot of weapons and Gatens shoots the 3 ball well. They also have played tougher competition to this point in the season. If ISU can win there, I'll consider it an upset and I'll be very pleased.

I thought this the whole time. We can win there but I put Iowa as a 4.5 point fav. I think if we can get Brackins going early we can do fine but ISU is in no way ready to take command of a road game, especially at Iowa. Add that to Lick being a very good coach X and O's wise and it will be a dog fight.

hawkeye_t

Apr 24, 2006
ID via PA via ME via IA

I think the Hawks are going to have a very hard time with Brackins and ISU's other bigs to a lesser extent. I also have trouble seeing how Iowa will keep Garrett out of the lane. 3 point shooting by Iowa could be the equalizer which is where Tucker will really be missed. I think Iowa needs a big game by Balwinkel to win on Friday.