Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

HerkClone

Sep 20, 2012
I thought Kittle played TE?
Thats the point.

Iowas's TE is faster than ISU's best receiver. Hence the logic that he should also put his hand on the ground . It is probably best for his future.

With his frame, he could carry the weight well and improve his draft stock. (Google "NFL draft" for details on this annual event)

I know its outside the box but if we can take our starting QB and convert him to LB, this certainly makes sense

Reactions: ICHawk24

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Thats the point.

Iowas's TE is faster than ISU's best receiver. Hence the logic that he should also put his hand on the ground . It is probably best for his future.

With his frame, he could carry the weight well and improve his draft stock. (Google "NFL draft" for details on this annual event)

I know its outside the box but if we can take our starting QB and convert him to LB, this certainly makes sense
Kirk is moving Stanley to LB? Wow, that's interesting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thats the point.

So.....Any wr who runs around Kittles time should not be a wideout anymore? Please tell jordy Nelson, dez, Bryant, and most of the NFL receiving corps.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The NFL combine is going on this weekend. He ran the 40. Its electronically timed.

Even though this time of year is just basketball season in central iowa, every year the NFL holds a "combine" where they invite the top prospects from college football programs around the country to workout and possibly improve their draft stock.

(The NFL holds a "draft" each year where they select players generally in order of where teams finished the previous season)

You can google it and find out more about the combine and the draft. Im sure a few others on here have heard from friends about these annual events

Just like the draft and recruiting, until there's in-game results, none of it really matters outside of financial reasons for that person being recruited/drafted.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/nfl-combine-best-worst-performance-busts-tom-brady-40-time

Has there ever been a high draft bust who was still wise enough to keep their money, or does financial irresponsibility typically walk alongside failing vs. potential?

Locally I think Robert Gallery came out OK, although he was in the league for a while.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I almost hate to contribute to this train wreck thread, but I have stated before I think AL looks more like a tight end or big slot receiver a la Ed McCaffery, than as a "prototypical" NFL WR. He's just bigger and not lightning fast like an Antonio Brown type.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
If he wants to play in the NFL. I said this 2 years ago and nobody took it seriously. It's time for this little experiment to end and get his hand on the ground
No, Lazard needs to stay exactly where he's at, keep blowing apart CB's, and keep stat-padding. If an NFL team wants him to play TE for them, they will move him to TE/draft him with that in mind. Focusing on catching balls, getting yards, and scoring TD's will lead him to the NFL. TE limits those opportunities for the most part (maybe not so much TD's, depending on offensive style).

Reactions: erikbj

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Thats the point.

You need to stop using we and our when referring to the Cyclones, right the **** now!

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Yea let's move AL to the line, put his hand on the ground, make him block 55% of the time and let the opposing DC line the box. This isn't the B1G.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Thats the point.

Iowa's tight end also isn't even half as talented as ISU's best receiver.

That's the point.

Moving on...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Whats Lazards 40? 4.8? Maybe 4.75 on a perfect day? Kittle just ran a 4.52 and weighs 250.

With Lanning moving to LB, it would be the perfect time. Just thinking whats best for the kid. Staying at WR will be a huge financial mistake.

Anyone know what WRs make in the CFL? I think its pretty good money but obviously not NFL money

Wait, so this guy comes on Cyclone Fanatic, starts a thread entitled "Kittle Ran Faster 40 Than Lazard" and then immediately proceeds to admit that he has no earthly clue what Allen's 40 time is. That's gold.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
First, Lazard is a Cyclone. No idea what this we and our stuff is.

Second, I thought your TEs stand up in a 2 point stance?

• Informative
Reactions: clone34

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Wait, so this guy comes on Cyclone Fanatic, starts a thread entitled "Kittle Ran Faster 40 Than Lazard" and then immediately proceeds to admit that he has no earthly clue what Allen's 40 time is. That's gold.

Not golden, but what we have come to expect from hok fans over the years.