Votes: 13 6.4%
  • No

Votes: 189 93.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Internal to Baylor, it's circle the wagons time. Don't need to lawyer up - they're all lawyers.

External to Baylor, do the other teams in the B12 or other conferences smell blood or continue cover up along with BU?

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Re: Is Bryles gone due to rape coverup?

This is football. There is no integrity in football. They'll go striaght from Rapist U. to the National Felon League. Big Woop.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

It depends on how big this gets blown up over the weekend. If the groundswell against him swells up over the weekend for the early week talk radio, it could snowball for Baylor and they won't have a choice.

It's not an exact situation, but I'll never forget how the PSU scandal just kept snowballing and ended with everyone gone.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Violent crimes don't destroy football programs, players receiving small amounts of money from boosters destroy them.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Absolulety no way Briles is canned.

absolutely no way huh? What happens if Chris Peterson has evidence he notified Briles? That would mean that not only did Briles admit a kid he knew had a violent pass against women into his institution, but then he lied publicly about it.

That would get Nick Saban canned, and Briles isn't Saban.

However, short of something new like that coming out I think Baylor turtles up and rides out the firestorm and it goes away in a week.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

It really depends on how much he is covering up. These things can get pretty ugly fast if the situation is right. Don't forget that Baylor is the Nouveau riche of college football, they are not ND, TX, OU, OSU, etc. most likely it will be nothing, but if other things start turning up it could take off.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

absolutely no way huh? What happens if Chris Peterson has evidence he notified Briles? That would mean that not only did Briles admit a kid he knew had a violent pass against women into his institution, but then he lied publicly about it.

That would get Nick Saban canned, and Briles isn't Saban.

However, short of something new like that coming out I think Baylor turtles up and rides out the firestorm and it goes away in a week.

Absolutely no way. I have a better chance of getting fired from my job for what happened at Baylor than Briles does.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

What did Briles say?

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX

They're playing "He said- He said" in the press? Ohh, this gonna get good and ugly.....

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

Internal to Baylor, it's circle the wagons time. Don't need to lawyer up - they're all lawyers.

External to Baylor, do the other teams in the B12 or other conferences smell blood or continue cover up along with BU?
This is the second thread about this subject where the OP couldn't even spell his name right. Is it that hard?

With that said no way is he fired unless you see a Penn State sized meltdown.

Tazzels

Aug 22, 2006
'72 Winnebago

This is a very significant problem for Baylor University, the Baylor Football program, and Art Briles. There should be and very likely will be serious repercussions. This is worse behavior than the AD at Minnesota in my opinion.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny

I'm trying to think of a situation that is similar. The only thing that immediately comes to mind is Lawrence Phillips at Nebraska. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't really recall anything happening to Osborne or Nebraska. If Briles keeps winning, I doubt anything happens

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008

Duck baylor I hope they get into huge trouble