Is Fran building a regional powerhouse or just calling Iowa fans idiots and morons?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Slo-mo maybe?

My son goes to AI and is exponentially faster than this D1 athlete. He is much younger than(just became a teenage) this fully grown man. Kid seems to work hard but quickness is not his forte.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
My son goes to AI and is exponentially faster than this D1 athlete. He is much younger than(just became a teenage) this fully grown man. Kid seems to work hard but quickness is not his forte.
IS your son a 7 foot D1 recruit with a good looking shot and inside post game?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
All I am saying is that with all the NBA talent of last year and the years before that, how did ISU not at least get to a elite 8?

That's not what you said. Our NBA talent hasn't been elite NBA picks.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That's not what you said. Our NBA talent hasn't been elite NBA picks.
They are basically in the bottom of NBA rosters and get spot minutes at most. Minus 1 or 2 of them. But it is a nice recruiting pitch to have with guys that have recently been drafted. My point is that when your team underachieves, it is ok to admit that.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They are basically in the bottom of NBA rosters and get spot minutes at most. Minus 1 or 2 of them. But it is a nice recruiting pitch to have with guys that have recently been drafted. My point is that when your team underachieves, it is ok to admit that.

You seem to be making a new point with every post.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Acylum and JP4CY

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

I give him credit for doing the off-season work as well. But all college players who want to be better work hard in the off-season to improve their skills

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
1.) It's incredibly hard to be on the top half of any NBA roster. That's the best of the best basketball players in the entire world, and even having two that are up there is awesome for Iowa State.

2.) Since Fred became our coach to where we are right now, one maybe two teams had a great capability of making the elite 8. The first was when Georges broke his foot in the NCAA tournament. If he had not done that there was a really good shot we could've gone all the way. The second was probably the year after and we played like garbage against UAB and they beat us.

If I'm being honest, I don't see us beating Houston in the 2nd round and then beating Kentucky the round after that this past season. And us losing to Purdue 3 years ago in the second round in a dog fight was probably right around our ceiling as well. But every one of those seasons has come with great regular season wins and probably a conference tournament title.

bherren

Dec 17, 2017
They are also playing on contending teams. There's a big difference from being a rotation guy on the Jazz/Nuggets/Thunder than playing that role on a team like the Bulls/Knicks/Hornets.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel and Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They are also playing on contending teams. There's a big difference from being a rotation guy on the Jazz/Nuggets/Thunder than playing that role on a team like the Bulls/Knicks/Hornets.
Hawkeye fans love to talk about how Iowa has tons of players in the NFL and Iowa State only having some. But when we bring up how Iowa State has many players in the NBA and they have literally zero, they spin it negatively on us.