Is Fran building a regional powerhouse or just calling Iowa fans idiots and morons?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Oh Boy....

@MatthewBain_ After receiving his Iowa offer, Chicago 3-star PG Ahron Ulis (@Lil_Ulis3) tells me he "definitely" wants to officially visit the Hawkeyes. Now, it's about figuring out which dates to come.

Ulis also holds offers from New Mexico, Siena, NIU & SIU, among others.

@MatthewBain_ Yes, he is Tyler Ulis’ brother.
Maybe they can get close to getting him as well.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I dont consider the Iowa football season any more successful last year because we had 2 first round picks in the NFL draft. We won 9 games.

Its cool to see and will probably help with recruiting in the future but it doesnt add to the success of the 2018 season.

This wasn't about the success of the 2018 season. Go back and read the post I wrote originally. Besides, the 2018 season was successful for ISU based on numerous measurements that I also named. Dexter thinks winning 1 game in the ncaa tournament is the only thing that makes a season successful. That and winning a game in December I guess.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oh Boy....

@MatthewBain_ After receiving his Iowa offer, Chicago 3-star PG Ahron Ulis (@Lil_Ulis3) tells me he "definitely" wants to officially visit the Hawkeyes. Now, it's about figuring out which dates to come.

They should at least be able to finish second with him since they couldn't with his brother. New Mexico will be tough to beat though

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy and CyPunch

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
This wasn't about the success of the 2018 season. Go back and read the post I wrote originally. Besides, the 2018 season was successful for ISU based on numerous measurements that I also named. Dexter thinks winning 1 game in the ncaa tournament is the only thing that makes a season successful. That and winning a game in December I guess.

You responded directly to a post from @dexterhawk that only mentioned last season:

Hmmm...didn’t go on to bigger and better this past year.

How many conference championships did iowa win? Players drafted? Returning players win championships at the FIBA world cup? Finished higher in any of the final rankings?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Oh Boy....

is he 5'5" as well?

D

Deleted member 8507

Oh Boy....

He is not A A Ron, he is A H Ron

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There were times when Iowa was playing better basketball than Iowa State last year, but as a whole, Iowa State came out on top. They won 3 straight games in the Big 12 tournament to become champions of it yet again, including beating back to back ranked teams. They were ranked in the final AP poll going into the tournament which led them to receive a 6 seed, to Iowa's 10. The NCAA tournament is a crap shoot, everyone has seen teams bow out early and sometimes the ball doesn't go in the hoop while the other team looks like they're making everything. It's also a lot about matchups. OSU was not a great matchup for Iowa State with the thin front court we had. I will say that Iowa had a more successful NCAA tournament than Iowa State, but not a better season.

Last edited:

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
There were times when Iowa was playing better basketball than Iowa State last year, but as a whole, Iowa State came out on top. They won 3 straight games in the Big 12 tournament to become champions of it yet again, including beating back to back ranked teams. They were ranked in the final AP poll going into the tournament which led them to receive a 5 seed, to Iowa's 10. The NCAA tournament is a crap shoot, everyone has seen teams bow out early and sometimes the ball doesn't go in the hoop while the other team looks like they're making everything. It's also a lot about matchups. OSU was not a great matchup for Iowa State with the thin front court we had. I will say that Iowa had a more successful NCAA tournament than Iowa State, but not a better season.

Doesnt make a difference in the overall point of your post but wasnt ISU a 6 seed this past season?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
There were times when Iowa was playing better basketball than Iowa State last year, but as a whole, Iowa State came out on top. They won 3 straight games in the Big 12 tournament to become champions of it yet again, including beating back to back ranked teams. They were ranked in the final AP poll going into the tournament which led them to receive a 5 seed, to Iowa's 10. The NCAA tournament is a crap shoot, everyone has seen teams bow out early and sometimes the ball doesn't go in the hoop while the other team looks like they're making everything. It's also a lot about matchups. OSU was not a great matchup for Iowa State with the thin front court we had. I will say that Iowa had a more successful NCAA tournament than Iowa State, but not a better season.
That’s reasonable

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Don't believe that's what was said.
It is called avoidance, constantly bump what is great about cyclone bball, but ignore the fact that they have all this NBA talent and cannot get past the first game of the tourney... YIKES

D

Deleted member 8507

It is called avoidance, constantly bump what is great about cyclone bball, but ignore the fact that they have all this NBA talent and cannot get past the first game of the tourney... YIKES

So you are shocked and alarmed that ISU played a bad game in the NCAA tourney?
upload_2019-7-18_13-8-59.png

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Most of our recent NBA guys have played in a Sweet 16. Screenshot_20190718-131130_Instagram.jpg

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The NBA talent also led them to two Sweet 16's, something that Iowa hasn't done in 20 years. Also, Talen Horton-Tucker was on the team for one year and Lindell for two. Had they stayed I'm guessing they would've made it farther than just the first round but Coach Prohm has built a program now where guys can leave early and still have a successful team for the next year. Iowa on the other hand hasn't even had a guy play significant NBA minutes since Reggie Evans.

Reactions: Acylum