SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Courtney Messingham is available

bush.gif

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
We also need to fire the offensive line coach. I am so tired of seeing missed assingments and blocks it makes me sick. Jeff Meyers shouldnt be allowed to come out the locker room.
Jeff Meyers is going to be tough to fire, he played for Campbell at Toledo

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We also need to fire the offensive line coach. I am so tired of seeing missed assingments and blocks it makes me sick. Jeff Meyers shouldnt be allowed to come out the locker room.

This. I know iowa DL is good, but it was borderline embarrassing today

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Did we watch the same game? Our OL didn't dominate every play but they more than held their own against one of the best front 7's in the country year in and year out
Agree...after last week, I was pleasantly surprised by our OL play today. Our run game was productive today for the most part.

I think improving the blitz pickup is their biggest need.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
This talk of firing Manning is insanity.
I'm very pleased with his willingness to put the ball/game in Dekkers hands so far. Feel free to search my post history, I've been plenty negative in the past. But the difference in play calling this year without an All-American RB has been great to see. I genuinely didn't think he'd lean into the passing game like he has but I'm very glad to see it,

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
This. I know iowa DL is good, but it was borderline embarrassing today
I thought the o-line was good. We ran the ball pretty well and Iowa had to blitz a lot to get pressure. That's one of the best front sevens we'll face all year and they held up well. Much better than last year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I actually like some of the play calling, the QB run plays in the red zone were kind of duds, Hunter needs to get upfield more instead of trying to break everything out side but I liked that there were 4 or 5 different designed run plays for him. The reverse to Noel was also a really well timed call. Iowa isn't easy to fool but I think Manning kept them off balance enough to move the ball.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
This talk of firing Manning is insanity.
I had no problem with the offensive calls today outside of a couple Dekker runs in the red zone. Dekker made a really bad decision throwing into double coverage, Noel ran the wrong route, and Brock fumbled going into the end zone. Otherwise we score 10-14 more points and win easily. Those were player mistakes, which happen against a great defense.

• Winner
Reactions: cyclonehomer

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I actually like some of the play calling, the QB run plays in the red zone were kind of duds, Hunter needs to get upfield more instead of trying to break everything out side but I liked that there were 4 or 5 different designed run plays for him. The reverse to Noel was also a really well timed call. Iowa isn't easy to fool but I think Manning kept them off balance enough to move the ball.
If they're going to run Hunter he needs to put his head down and get the 3-4 yards that are there. Otherwise don't call runs for him, we don't really need them anyway.

Reactions: heitclone

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I've been a big critic of his but overall I thought the plan was fine other than the lead QB stretch plays we had with Dekkers.

We saw wild cat
We saw a jet sweep and speed option. Now we need these things mixed in with more consistency

There were things to like and the offense moved the ball reasonably well.Take away a flukily fumble on the goal line and a bad decision by Dekkers - we have likely 10-14 more points. If we won 20-7 or 24-7...

is this thread back near the top of the page?

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Hunter under center sneek at the goal is the only issue I had. Oh ya use our TE a little.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Manning is at his best when he just plays to what's available, i.e. within the players' abilities.

It's when some weird pass after the Oline has been having success that gets me or pulling out some play that's supposed to be surprising but looks like ISU doesn't know how to run it.

Oline has been impressive. Every Oline will get blown up/give ground throughout series/games but they're looking about as sound this early as any I can remember at ISU in a long time.

Reactions: Tony Gunk