Is Miz game really on Cyclones TV?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So is the game really on cyclones.tv or no? (honestly asking)

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I wouldn’t care as much if cyclonestv wasn’t stuck in 2005 and had a decent streaming service. It’s obvious that Pollard never has to watch the game on that service otherwise I doubt he’d put up with that type of quality

So it isn't just me-everything on the net zips along except the sputtering and clunking CyTV by SideArm of CBS sport.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Cyclones.TV worked well for me last night, I'm just not a fan of having games on it because you can't pause the game and watch it later. I'm almost always having to put the kids to bed or something during the live showing of basketball games.

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Streamed on a Roku in Melrose iowa - 25 mbs connection. It wasn't satellite HD quality but it was good quality. The bad games are the Hy-Vee classic games when they simulcast that crappy media-com channel.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I got CyTV for the first time yesterday to watch the MBB game and was pretty disappointed in the video quality. I used the Roku app. I have a 1 gig fiber connection, with ethernet connection to a Roku Ultra player so I feel pretty confident that the issue isn't on my end. It was a better experience than some illegal stream, but it was by far the worst quality I have had from a paid service.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I call DIBS on tomorrow's thread on this game and Cyclones.TV

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I got CyTV for the first time yesterday to watch the MBB game and was pretty disappointed in the video quality. I used the Roku app. I have a 1 gig fiber connection, with ethernet connection to a Roku Ultra player so I feel pretty confident that the issue isn't on my end. It was a better experience than some illegal stream, but it was by far the worst quality I have had from a paid service.

The providers are always shocked by ISU fans. Probably didn't allocate enough bandwidth / server capacity since this is the first game on Cyclones.TV in some time. It's not like an intelligent company wouldn't realize that the last few months throughput would be enough for a live game but well, that is hard to find these days.

HINT to JP. Get on the phone and tell these yahoos to triple and triple again backup from last nights demand.

CyJam

Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
Holy flashback...

1ff4xs.gif

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
$55 a year, I say get over the streaming quality. I get to see all women's basketball games, volleyball games, interviews, etc. and some mens games, a football game, etc.

If you think Cyclones.com is bad, just try watching what a lot of other schools have with the cbssports, which IS awful, and more than double the cost.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
It was on the SEC network last year when it was @ Mizzou, and they had a more interesting team last year. Still not on a network.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wouldn’t care as much if cyclonestv wasn’t stuck in 2005 and had a decent streaming service. It’s obvious that Pollard never has to watch the game on that service otherwise I doubt he’d put up with that type of quality

My live streams had been pretty good quality this year and last until the Alabama St game which ran at a fine speed for me but low resolution.

Cyclones.tv definitely works better than $20-40/mo SlingTV. I gave up on that after trying it off and on for a few years. Live streaming content is definitely not there yet the way on demand streaming is.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I thought the stream was okay last night. Resolution left a little to be desired, but it only buffered one time for 15 seconds. I will echo the complaint about the volume of the commercials being way, way louder than the game. Also seemed like the picture was better sometimes than others.

• Funny
Reactions: TXCYGUY

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I find it hard to believe that as a P5 school (with fairly decent MBB and FB success) we can't put a better product forward. It's really bad.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013

Same experience here with Google fiber connection and roku app. Crap quality so I tried to cast it with my Google cast built for hd and it wasn't any better .

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Ya I didn’t have any buffering issues but the quality of video was fuzzy. Hard to tell who some of the players were during the game