Is Weber out a KSU?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
16.5-14.1=2.4/6=400k difference a year. That's 4%?
Plus he said KState made a good hire. You're really super defensive about this whole situation and hire. Most people on here think it was a solid hire.
They should have held out for Hollaway.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Actually, I'm not defensive about Tang's hire at all. I absolutely love it.

But I do get defensive when people suggest K-State is some sort of financial ghetto compared to its peers. That's a false narrative of the first order.

However, you are correct, denominators matter. Mea culpa.
Never once said KSU was a financial ghetto. KSU is probably financially stronger than ISU. My point was that Mizzou had more financial resources. I'm not sure why that has you so triggered.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
16.5-14.1=2.4/6=400k difference a year. That's 4%?
Plus he said KState made a good hire. You're really super defensive about this whole situation and hire. Most people on here think it was a solid hire.
KSU math. I can't even figure out how he/she got 4%?

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and Lineup

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Never once said KSU was a financial ghetto. KSU is probably financially stronger than ISU. My point was that Mizzou had more financial resources. I'm not sure why that has you so triggered.
Because year after year Missouri athletics loses money and the opposite is true in Manhattan. You're factually incorrect. Thus, the trigger.

• Disagree
Reactions: chuckd4735

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Because year after year Missouri athletics loses money and the opposite is true in Manhattan. You're factually incorrect. Thus, the trigger.
One school spends $115 million annually, the other spends $85 million. While true one school loses money, they still have a higher threshold of spending, which is my point.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Like, why are you still so butthurt about all of this?
You hired a good prospect of a coach. A desired candidate most likely for quite a few schools.
No one is claiming KSU is destitute for money if Mizzou has more. Iowa has more than ISU, and I sure as **** don't feel like we're in the "ghetto."

And if you want to be the factually correct police, you forgot to answer my $400k a year difference question in regards to your 4% statement.

• Dumb
Reactions: surly

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Never heard of Tang before this round of coaching hires. Why does everyone think\ know he will be good? He's a career assistant, so top assistant to a national championship team makes him a better candidate than coaches who have built their own teams and coached them to success as well as built a staff. Not knocking the choice but to think this is a sure fire success is bewildering to me.

CYKXBUT2

Oct 8, 2020
Never heard of Tang before this round of coaching hires. Why does everyone think\ know he will be good? He's a career assistant, so top assistant to a national championship team makes him a better candidate than coaches who have built their own teams and coached them to success as well as built a staff. Not knocking the choice but to think this is a sure fire success is bewildering to me.
C'mon man, he could be basketball's next Gene Chizik!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Had you heard of Mark Adams a year ago?

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
As we've written before, selecting head coaches is a crapshoot. Look at Steve Prohm now moving to Murray State.

The same can be said of Jerome Tang. We'll have to see how he does over time. No one said this is a "sure-fire success," only that he brings credentials and a lot of schools were evidently interested in hiring him, including Missouri.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As we've written before, selecting head coaches is a crapshoot. Look at Steve Prohm now moving to Murray State.

The same can be said of Jerome Tang. We'll have to see how he does over time. No one said this is a "sure-fire success," only that he brings credentials and a lot of schools were evidently interested in hiring him, including Missouri.
No one also said KState is a financial ghetto.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Had you heard of Mark Adams a year ago?
TBH we don't know that Adams will work out long term. Many of the players from the prior year remained on the roster and the system remained the same so a certain amount of success is not surprising. After a couple of years we will know better. TJs success is more surprising as he came in with a whole new philosophy and players and achieved a certain level of success in his first year. Will TJ work out long term ,I hope so, time will tell.

Reactions: heitclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
TBH we don't know that Adams will work out long term. Many of the players from the prior year remained on the roster and the system remained the same so a certain amount of success is not surprising. After a couple of years we will know better. TJs success is more surprising as he came in with a whole new philosophy and players and achieved a certain level of success in his first year. Will TJ work out long term ,I hope so, time will tell.
If I were a TT fan, I'd probably be a little concerned about him turning 66 this Spring. I know coaches can work much longer but that could still be a small thing to keep an eye on.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

It is interesting that Tang elected to stay in conference - I have no idea what went into his decision but it's interesting that he wants to directly compete with a program he just left.

Reactions: heitclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is interesting that Tang elected to stay in conference - I have no idea what went into his decision but it's interesting that he wants to directly compete with a program he just left.
This guy says "hi".

beard.0.jpeg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Didn't realize Tang was k-state alumni.
They all have different situations, but it still is another example of moving to another program in the same conference. In Tang's case it was going from assistant coach at one program to the head job at another so could be argued less egregious than the guy who went from the head job at one Big 12 program to the head job at another.

But I don't feel terribly sorry for Tech anyway. When Beard bailed on a job he had for about a week to go to Tech, they knew they were hiring a mercenary. So they shouldn't be all butt hurt when they lose him like they did. It is kind of like wives who were the other woman and broke up their husband's previous marriage. If he cheated on her with you, don't be surprised if he ends up doing it to you.