ISR March to Madness thread

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So did Iowa fall to an 8 seed last night with that loss?

Probably 7 would be my guess, but that is all it is. Bigger question is did Purdue go from being on the wrong side of the bubble to being in the tournament after last night. That was a huge swing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Probably 7 would be my guess, but that is all it is. Bigger question is did Purdue go from being on the wrong side of the bubble to being in the tournament after last night. That was a huge swing.

If you go by NET they'd be an 8 seed along with Iowa

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Update

Iowa 16-7 Net #30 Slipped 8 spot after the boat racing
UNI 20-3 Net #39 Up 4 spots...at large a possibility
ISU 9-13 Net #75 Slipped one, competitive v WVU.....unless they go 8-1 down the stretch need to win B12 tourney
Drake 16-8 Net 138 ..up 12....need to win Valley tourney

Problem with UNI is that one bad loss and their NET is gonna take a significant dip. They have almost no wiggle room as far as an at-large bid goes.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
IMO, there is very little chance left for ISU to climb high enough on the w side to make it into the tourney via the regular season. At this point, pretty much their only route left is through Kansas City. That's Kansas City MO, not Kansas City KS. ;)

Stranger things have happened and we tend to do well in KC. However, if by some twist of luck we make it into the tournament, I don't see us making it out of the first weekend. :(

UNI looks pretty good right now. Drake, like us, needs to win the conference tournament to get a bid.

Iowa is...Iowa. They have done far better than many of us expected this year, but have lost in strange places as well. Pretty sure they'll make it into the NCAA...how could they not, if they maintain their ranked status? What they do once there is beyond my powers of prognostication. All I know is, I won't be watching them play. They could be down by 40 pts, I'll be channel-hopping and pause on it for less than a minute, and they will stage a massive comeback and squeak out a win. Football, basketball...all the same. For the sake of my Cyclone sanity, I refuse to give them even that meager assist. :D

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
IMO, there is very little chance left for ISU to climb high enough on the w side to make it into the tourney via the regular season. At this point, pretty much their only route left is through Kansas City. That's Kansas City MO, not Kansas City KS. ;)

Stranger things have happened and we tend to do well in KC. However, if by some twist of luck we make it into the tournament, I don't see us making it out of the first weekend. :(

UNI looks pretty good right now. Drake, like us, needs to win the conference tournament to get a bid.

Iowa is...Iowa. They have done far better than many of us expected this year, but have lost in strange places as well. Pretty sure they'll make it into the NCAA...how could they not, if they maintain their ranked status? What they do once there is beyond my powers of prognostication. All I know is, I won't be watching them play. They could be down by 40 pts, I'll be channel-hopping and pause on it for less than a minute, and they will stage a massive comeback and squeak out a win. Football, basketball...all the same. For the sake of my Cyclone sanity, I refuse to give them even that meager assist. :D

Wish you would have watched last night, we needed your help.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I All I know is, I won't be watching them play. They could be down by 40 pts, I'll be channel-hopping and pause on it for less than a minute, and they will stage a massive comeback and squeak out a win. Football, basketball...all the same. For the sake of my Cyclone sanity, I refuse to give them even that meager assist. :D
It was the first game I've missed in quite a while so I 'm pretty much the reason they lost ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
IMO, there is very little chance left for ISU to climb high enough on the w side to make it into the tourney via the regular season. At this point, pretty much their only route left is through Kansas City.

Ya think?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We took the vixen's dad to dinner last night for his birthday. Then we went over to their house for cake and ice cream. I turned on the TV to find ISU (predictably) floundering.... and then discovered the Hawks were getting flayed alive by Purdue.

I honestly didn't see that happening - I figured a road win would be tough, but not impossible - and had to look at the stats today to dissect it. From what I heard, Garza scored the first two points of the game, and then the Boilermakers went on a 17-0 run (!!!!!!!)

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
From what I heard, Garza scored the first two points of the game, and then the Boilermakers went on a 17-0 run (!!!!!!!)

giphy.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa is such an enigma. Can be really good or really bad. I think I'll take UNI to go the furthest in the tournament of the in-state teams.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa's 113th in defense and it's only Feb 6th. Cmon you can't pretend you're not concerned

Can't speak for him for him but I'm not "concerned"......I'd be concerned if my team was 9-13.....16-7? Not so much, especially during a season when my expectations weren't very high.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Can't speak for him for him but I'm not "concerned"......I'd be concerned if my team was 9-13.....16-7? Not so much, especially during a season when my expectations weren't very high.

So little talk about ISU Cyclones today, didn't they play yesterday? I mean the only talk I hear is about is how well the Purdue Cyclones played yesterday.

• Funny