ISR March to Madness thread

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Iowa's 113th in defense and it's only Feb 6th. Cmon you can't pretend you're not concerned

Last night certainly damaged that number. I think we dropped 25-30 spots in AdjD from last night alone.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
So Iowa's defense was fine it was just Purdue knocking down contested shots?

Iowa didnt play well at all last night and Purdue shot lights out. Good teams have bad nights, not sure what you are fishing for here. It was one game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa didnt play well at all last night and Purdue shot lights out. Good teams have bad nights, not sure what you are fishing for here. It was one game.

Is it really shooting lights out if you're wide open? That's my assumption based on what I heard from Iowa's defensive performance last night

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Is it really shooting lights out if you're wide open? That's my assumption based on what I heard from Iowa's defensive performance last night

Yes, anytime a team shoots the percentages that PU did last night they shot lights out.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You gonna throw out the old "I heard on the radio all the 3's Purdue made were wide open"?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I mean Iowa State could shoot 55% from 3 at home if they weren't being guarded
Apparently not, based on what I've seen. I've seen middle school teams shoot outside as well as we do some nights.

It'd pry depend on who is doing the shooting. Hali and Bolton alone could probably be above 50%, but tossing anyone else in the mix severely jeopardizes that.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Thats not true and you know it.

He needs an Iowa fan to say that all the Purdue 3's were wide open, he wants it desperately. If he doesn't get it, he will play the "I heard on the radio all of Purdue's 3's were wide open". He is predictable as the day is long.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He needs an Iowa fan to say that all the Purdue 3's were wide open, he wants it desperately. If he doesn't get it, he will play the "I heard on the radio all of Purdue's 3's were wide open". He is predictable as the day is long.

Lol Iowa fans have been on here since last night saying your defense was a mess

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Most of them were, this isn't hard. Iowa sucked balls last night.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I mean they've done it before. I remember Alabama trying the old "let's not guard the 3 point strategy like Iowa" thing against us and that wasn't even at home

So that was the only ISU game this year where the Cyclones faced bad defense? I dont buy it.

Iowa's defense was bad last night and Purdue shot lights out. Why is this so hard for you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So that was the only ISU game this year where the Cyclones faced bad defense? I dont buy it.

Iowa's defense was bad last night and Purdue shot lights out. Why is this so hard for you?

Only game I remember playing against a defense that didn't close out on us at all. I mean you just said Iowa State wouldn't be able to do that and I showed you a game they did it away from home