ISR March to Madness thread

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
How do you see that? Is having, or not having, Howard helpful for them. May make them harder to predict.
Martelli is a better bench and x's o's coach. Howard is probably a better recruiter. I think they are better of with Martelli for actual games.

• Informative
Reactions: cycloner29

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You thinking it holds and Iowa is a 4 seed? That would place ISU around the bubble with auto qualifiers.
Nope, think Iowa is probably a 6/7 at this point. Lose out and they are an 8, go 1-2 a 7 and go 2-1 a 6.

I think ISU is on the 8/9 line now.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nope, think Iowa is probably a 6/7 at this point. Lose out and they are an 8, go 1-2 a 7 and go 2-1 a 6.

I think ISU is on the 8/9 line now.
I think ISU would have to lose badly the next two to drop to a 9 (not that it even matters much). I think if we win one more we’re a 7 seed. That’d require us to beat a top 10 Baylor though either tomorrow or first round in KC.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa is playing really well right now. At first glance, the competition hasn't been super great, but they are taking care of what's in front of them, plus they've won a couple of tough road games, both Q1 to boot. They throttled Michigan State at home too, another tournament team. I'm not sure I believe the words coming from my keyboard, but I dare say they could be a problem in the March tournament. This could be the year Fran gets to the Sweet 16. Everybody's hitting shots and the defense has ratcheted up--still not great, but good might be good enough for the #4 efficiency offense in the country. I've been waiting for them to have a cold shooting night now, for what seems like a month and it hasn't happened. Both Murrays, Jorbo, and even Connor are shooting at or near a 40% clip for the year, and it hasn't been that way all season until now. They are red hot. Time will tell if they peaked a little too early or are peaking at the right time.

Reactions: dexterhawk

OtisMyMan

May 3, 2013
Martelli is a better bench and x's o's coach. Howard is probably a better recruiter. I think they are better of with Martelli for actual games.
Oddly enough, Howard gets the W or L on his record, despite not being in the arena.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oddly enough, Howard gets the W or L on his record, despite not being in the arena.
Yeah, that is up to the school to decide if the interim coach or the suspended head coach gets the W or L. Michigan could decide to give a W to Howard and an L to Martelli, or decide to give an L to Howard and a W to Martelli for letting his team down.

If the coach is suspended by the NCAA they don't get a choice, games go on the record of the interim coach.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In all seriousness best of luck to Iowa. You're rolling right now. Buffalo kind of stinks as a destination (that's not a shot at you).
I think both Iowa and ISU being in is great and Drake and UNI were close to an opportunity to get in.
One of the better sneaky good basketball years in the history of the State.

Reactions: dexterhawk

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm a few IPA's deep so I'm in a good mood. Very good day for both teams today. Who the hell would have predicted ISU to be in the tournament a year ago? And for Iowa to put the year together they did after Garza is impressive.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I'm a few IPA's deep so I'm in a good mood. Very good day for both teams today. Who the hell would have predicted ISU to be in the tournament a year ago? And for Iowa to put the year together they did after Garza is impressive.
Agreed, both teams exceeded expectations. Nice to see.

Reactions: CloneGuy8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron