ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
Keeping the series going with Nebraska is huge on three-fronts.

1) It's close geographically, keeping travel costs down and makes a for a nice trip for ISU fans to catch a road game, especially if UNL plays the game in their basketball arena

2) Nebraska, for whatever reason, produces an above average rate of Division I volleyball talent. We need to keep visible as much as we can to keep getting in on some of these kids.

3) Nebraska is one of the powers in college volleyball. Why wouldn't you want to play them? It'd be like our football team getting to play annual series with Ohio State, Alabama or USC.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Cyclones.com reports that ours is the only game NU will play in the Devaney Center this year - a tip of the hat to CJ and what she's built here. The earlier story noted that NU will move its home court to the Devaney in '14. I think they lose something if they do that. The closer confines of the smaller building gives a better atmosphere and home advantage. I'd like to have a 4-6k facility for VB, Gym and W and use the Hilton only when needed.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
Cyclones.com reports that ours is the only game NU will play in the Devaney Center this year - a tip of the hat to CJ and what she's built here. The earlier story noted that NU will move its home court to the Devaney in '14. I think they lose something if they do that. The closer confines of the smaller building gives a better atmosphere and home advantage. I'd like to have a 4-6k facility for VB, Gym and W and use the Hilton only when needed.

From what I've read the Huskers are going to start a multimillion dollar renovation of Devaney once they open their new basketball arena. They plan to take seats out and install suites and what not to make Devaney a 7,000 to 8,000 seat volleyball arena.