ISU at Hawaii webcast

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
A reply to an e-mail I sent to John Walters:

I asked the ISU sports information office about this. The game will not be televised on the mainland (they are not using satellite to broadcast on the island, just fiber, so it's not available on a dish either). However, the University of Hawaii is offering video streaming of the game on the internet. Here's the information for that:

The game is not on television, but it will be livestreamed on Hawaii’s website for $6...go to www.uhstreaming.oceanic.com for purchasing information.

Take care,
John Walters

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
... and the game is on Monday (or Tuesday if you're in Hawaii), not Sat. as it says above.

You have the timing backwards.

It's on Monday night at 11pm Central time/Midnight Eastern. The game will go into Tuesday here but it will still remain on Monday in Hawaii.

Remember, Hawaii is behind us not ahead.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Here's the link I have to the site that is hosting the stream...

https://secure.oceanic.com/Streamin...89AA5BCA05DD55CB9884FF1ED4D3F9D?eventType=All

Apparently the game will be made available for purchase 1 hour before tipoff. I remember watching ISU play out in the Hawaii tournament a couple of years ago with this servcie & it worked really well. For those that don't want to miss a game and don't mind spending the $6, I'd recommend the live stream.

Last edited:

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
2 questions. How's the video quality? Is there sound?
I watched the vegas tournament online last season when we played Purdue and Alabama. The quality wasn't all that great (which I half expected), and there was no sound at all. It was worth it to see the games, and wasn't that big of a deal since I just turned the radio on anyways. I'll probably stream the Hawaii game regardless, I'm just curious how good the quality is.

Last edited:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

It's on Monday night at 11pm Central time/Midnight Eastern. The game will go into Tuesday here but it will still remain on Monday in Hawaii.

Well, that really wasn't my point. It's definitely not on Saturday like it says at the top of this website.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

Remember, that clock, the one in San Dimas, is always running. You have to dial one number higher!

Reactions: friarcrazy