ISU baseball team

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Any idea what about an equivalent talent level is? I would suspect it is still pretty good. Unlike FB or BB, most D1 scholarships are partial and lots PWO. There are probably a lot of damn good baseball players that just end up hanging it up and going to school that might find this attractive.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
How are the Club teams funded? Since the school is allowing the Club team to use ISU affiliation how far does that go? Is the Athletic Dept. Involved? If it is not, is it part of the intramural system?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I wonder if Yormark has had any conversations with Pollard about bringing back the baseball program. The Big 12 has been adding in more schools with baseball programs, we currently are the only school of the current 14 without one. I know it has been said there has been donor money offered to fund the program if we bring it back too so that's not an issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: jdubs

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I wonder if Yormark has had any conversations with Pollard about bringing back the baseball program. The Big 12 has been adding in more schools with baseball programs, we currently are the only school of the current 14 without one. I know it has been said there has been donor money offered to fund the program if we bring it back too so that's not an issue.
Colorado does not have baseball so next year we'll have a partner in misery

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Any idea what about an equivalent talent level is? I would suspect it is still pretty good. Unlike FB or BB, most D1 scholarships are partial and lots PWO. There are probably a lot of damn good baseball players that just end up hanging it up and going to school that might find this attractive.
My guess is they would get absolutely trucked if they played other conference schools.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How are the Club teams funded? Since the school is allowing the Club team to use ISU affiliation how far does that go? Is the Athletic Dept. Involved? If it is not, is it part of the intramural system?
I assume similar to how our hockey team is funded and administrated which is also a club sport not affiliated with the athletic department

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Like any other student club I'd imagine, dues, fund raising maybe, student government funding.

• Agree
Reactions: psycln11

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
It's on JP's "to-do" list....right after CyTown and beer at Trice. 1714069762985.png

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Does ISU still have a club hockey team?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron