ISU Beats Texas A&M in 4

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Aren't we tied w/ Texas? Both are 7-1 in conference play...

I was looking at the B12 standings...Doesn't Oklahoma State have a volleyball team? I guess not if there are only 9 teams.

You'd think T Boone could give some more money to fund a volleyball team. Can't imagine it'd cost that much.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
We need to get these girls onto the football field. At least they know what it takes to win a game.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Here's your standings. ISU is tied with Texas at the end of the first half of the season.

- Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

The win at College Station was big, showing the ladies can win big conference games on the road. Second half we have to go to Texas, OU, BU, and MU. I think MU has been a disappointment to date and may have under performed to date. They have actually been outdrawing us so it will be a tough place to play this time. BU surprised us a couple of years ago down there while we were on our way to a 17-3 conference season.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
I was looking at the B12 standings...Doesn't Oklahoma State have a volleyball team? I guess not if there are only 9 teams.

You'd think T Boone could give some more money to fund a volleyball team. Can't imagine it'd cost that much.

Correct, they do not have a VB team.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Everything I see refers to ISU being at the top - no mention of a tie with Texas. I believe because we have the better overall record? Not sure.
Here's an older article that briefly mentions it.

No. 16 Cyclones Move To Top Of Big 12 With 3-1 Win - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

We have the better overall record, but Texas has the tie-breaker since they beat us in Ames. Huge match this Friday (10/28) when we travel to Austin. We need to win there since we still have to go on the road to OU who beat Texas in Norman.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for the clarification - everything ISU said we were atop the Big 12, checked Texas articles and they never mentioned a tie or even their standing. Big game this weekend and hope our girls can get the win!

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The Daily story states:
Filling in off the bench for a struggling Hannah Willms, Hurtt tallied up four block assists to go along with her six kills.

Why does she "struggle?"

Help Support Us

Become a patron