ISU @ Houston/Big Monday

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
How come they can do 6 day windows for football but college basketball has the dates/times/networks already selected before the season even starts. I understand it’s more inventory but surely they could set the dates and then be flexible with the times and networks.

The simple answer probably comes down to contracts and what's allowed, but id guess the inventory probably plays a role in that as well as travel schedules being a lot more extensive on the basketball side since they're playing so many more games and a lot more of those are during the week. I imagine the travel schedules are a bit tighter for basketball travel.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
No chance. ESPN can't alter start times without 10 days notice.

It's locked.
Kind of what I figured, but I have heard it discussed today on the podcast from Mundo on Heartland College Sports, plus Ken Miller and Trent Condon brought it up today.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
The simple answer probably comes down to contracts and what's allowed, but id guess the inventory probably plays a role in that as well as travel schedules being a lot more extensive on the basketball side since they're playing so many more games and a lot more of those are during the week. I imagine the travel schedules are a bit tighter for basketball travel.
At the very least they should be more flexible with the networks. No reason Virgina/Va Tech should be on ESPN when there’s a potential top 10 and possible conference championship determining game on ESPNU in the same time slot. I suppose they are contractually obligated for an ACC game on ESPN in that time slot.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
At the very least they should be more flexible with the networks. No reason Virgina/Va Tech should be on ESPN when there’s a potential top 10 and possible conference championship determining game on ESPNU in the same time slot.

Don't know if that's coming to play here, but that can also be contractual I believe as iirc conferences also have number of appearances per network guarantees worked in there as well.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Same. Selfishly I want it to stay right where it's at. I get so wound up it takes me an hour or two to calm down and get to bed. We will have weeknight games at 6 this week and next and I love it.
No you don't! My wife tells me I'm the only idiot that gets that excited about a stupid game. So, there is no way you have that problem. You're completely calm, cool and collected like everyone other than me in the world during an ISU event.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Come on! Think of the old people who have to get up early.
4acb83efaab972a7bb25ec62a333753f.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron