"ISU is the only loser in the new Big 12"

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
One more reason not to listen to anything on KXNO except for Murph and Andy.

And I don't listen to Murph and Andy for sports information, but just to see what insanely random topic they are talking about this day.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think he was comparing them to the rest of the teams. I personally don't see how making more money and still being in a BCS conference is all that terrible.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Deace

Deace is saying this morning that Iowa State is the only remaining Big 12 school to come out a loser on the latest deal.

It's amazing how he's turned an extra $7-$10 million dollars/year ifor ISU nto a bad thing. Yes, it's true that the increase is even more for UT and OU, but we now have a situation where Paul Rhoads will have the financial backing to compete on a much more level playing field with the coach across the field. ISU's football stadium will now look like a major college stadium and Rhoads will be able to continue recruiting from Texas. I'm confident that given this financial windfall, Rhoads will have the amunition to significantly improve ISU's relative standing in Big 12 football.

I was expecting to turn on the radio this morning and hear Deace concede how he really blew another prediction when he said 24 hours ago that the Big 12 was still going to implode. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2007
I can appreaciate these guy's opinions as that's there job but they are always being downers/negative. They are like politicians complaining about current conditions but never offering a solution. So my question to them is what would have done instead?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Wait until Paul Rhoads turns ISU into a contender. Then we will see who the loser is.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Re: Deace

I thought he'd say it was okay with reservations, but he's still going apocalypse on us.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Re: DEACE is not the only loser on Iowa talk radio...

I heard David Ubben on ESPN yesterday talking about how it's basically a two team league now. He even dissed MU stating that they won't be an OU type program in the forseeable future.

My point is that sports blog and radio hacks are very short sighted (and in the case of central Iowa anti-ISU). Iowa fans like to point out the equity in the B10 by stating that since PSU joined the league everyone but Indiana, Illinois and MSU have won the B10. Well, tOSU has won something like ten of those so whose to say we can't become the Northwestern to UT's tOSU? Or, dare I say it, the Wisconsin?

Texas has always had more money than everyone yet it hasn't translated into fifteen consecutive Big XII Championships. ISU can compete and succeed in this league.

Go Cyclones!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
And we've been so successful in the past? I really don't see how the tougher schedule changes things much. The additionally money helps alot more.

Do you have a point here? You don't have to tell any of us about the past, we get it. CPR is the future and his winning % vs. NU it 1.000. Give him a chance vs. OU and UT before you judge his level of success.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That statement from a LOSER like Deace is actually a compliment.

Steve Deace. Michigan fan and Big Ten suckup.

Newsflash Deace. This deal made everyone winners in the Big 12. A Loser in the Big 12 is 100 times better than a "Winner" in the Big East or Mountain West.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Re: Deace

Is the increased revenue really that big of deal when everybody else is getting more money too? I mean, they'll improve at the same pace as we will - thus not changing a lot.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
This is not a good deal for ISU. Yes, ISU will get more money but the disease is not cured. Eventually the disease will kill you even with more money. Say you had cancer. Someone offers to double your salary from $50k to $100k but you still have cancer and die in 3-5 years. Is that a good deal?

Go ahead and throw Baylor and KSU in that loser in the Big 12 scenario.