ISU MBB: Message to the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Message to the players: You don't like whats going on? Do something about it. ******** and complaining about tough practices on twitter and to your friends will do nothing. How in the world do the leaders of this team let a FRESHMAN get out of line? PUT HIM IN LINE. SOMEBODY step up and be a leader, get tough, get mean.

This thread should have ended here.

fcmc

Mar 18, 2009
Urbandale
Originally Posted by clonetil01
How can you explan Lucca taking 1 FREEKING SHOT!!!, and that was within the first minute

Were you here last year?
There's nothing new here.
Lucca had several Big 12 games last year when he didn't score a single point.
Against good competition Lucca disappears.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Message aside... Are you serious??? Who do you think you are? The arrogance of the original post is mind-boggling. Message to the players?! What makes you think the players give a rip what ISUFan22 thinks?

Unless you have 'Coach' in your title somewhere, or your forking over at least 5 figures to athletic department every year, nobody gives a rip what ISUFan22 thinks at this point.

We're all frustrated with where ISU basketball is right now. Nobody is satisfied. I understand venting some frustration, but a "message to the players"???

Agree 100%! We're all just spectators venting and giving our .02. To believe that a player will read something here, slap their forehead and say "wow, I've never thought of it that way," is to elevate the importance of this board to a ridiculous level.
The self-absorbtion of the OP is mind-boggling...

Reactions: ketelmeister

cystud

Apr 15, 2006
Agree 100%! We're all just spectators venting and giving our .02. To believe that a player will read something here, slap their forehead and say "wow, I've never thought of it that way," is to elevate the importance of this board to a ridiculous level.
The self-absorbtion of the OP is mind-boggling...

Agreed! I'm sure Colvin is sitting on the net right now nodding his head and saying your know what, I'm going to listen to these guys....Also, I bet reading the internet makes guys rebound harder.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hilarity! Enjoy bringing out the haters, puppets and the like. You guys are too easy.

Would we be better off starting threads calling for coaches to be fired or hoping certain players transfer? Let no post with good intentions go missed by someone that wants to *****. :)

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Hilarity! Enjoy bringing out the haters, puppets and the like. You guys are too easy.

Would we be better off starting threads calling for coaches to be fired or hoping certain players transfer? Let no post with good intentions go missed by someone that wants to *****. :)
I'm not sure if I'm a hater or a puppet because I don't know what it takes to qualify for those tags. I'll let you enlighten me.

What I find hilarious is the idea that some random fan would have such a high opinion of him/herself that they would take the time to draft a "message to players", believing that said players would actually give a damn and that it would actually make a difference.

Personally, I have no desire to b----. It's wasted energy at this point, in my opinion. But that doesn't mean I'm happy or satisfied with anything.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't play the board politics, getting on other posters, labeling them and such. In view of that, jumping on 22 for his post is a little out of line. What's the matter with venting and expressing his opinions in the form of an open letter? I find it implausible that he actually believes that he is speaking to the players and they will listen.

Reactions: enisthemenace

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I don't play the board politics, getting on other posters, labeling them and such. In view of that, jumping on 22 for his post is a little out of line. What's the matter with venting and expressing his opinions in the form of an open letter? I find it implausible that he actually believes that he is speaking to the players and they will listen.
This is dead on. Most people can live with sarcasm now and then, but probably no need for spite and hatred.Last time I checked I thought we were fans of the SAME team.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I'm sorry, but 22 isn't qualified to comment on a D-level intramural team. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's never played or coached at anything over the 7th grade B-team.

It's one thing to post you think the efforts lacking, or to post you think the problem lies with the coach, or even to call out the fans for not cheering enough ... but this thread is crazy and needs to be stopped.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
So you have a problem with people venting and expressing opinions regarding this open letter?

tilt, tilt, fail

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
So you have a problem with people venting and expressing opinions regarding this open letter?

No. That's not what I said at all. What I have a problem with is people bashing another fan for his ego when in addition to that being implausible, he plainly stated that he was venting. Calling another poster a jerk is not venting or expressing an opinion regarding the open letter.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
simmer down girlfriend. no one called anyone a jerk.

didn't you see the winky thing? :wink:

No. That's not what I said at all. What I have a problem with is people bashing another fan for his ego when in addition to that being implausible, he plainly stated that he was venting. Calling another poster a jerk is not venting or expressing an opinion regarding the open letter.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
When will the "Message to the Coaches" be posted?

Then if on day three god(22) could write a "Dear Pollard" letter we could have a great trilogy.

Reactions: Tornado man

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

really? you have lambasted many a 'good intentions' post.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
simmer down girlfriend. no one called anyone a jerk.

didn't you see the winky thing? :wink:

I'm not worked up. You responded to my post with a question. I responded with an answer. I didn't even realize you were the guy with the jerk post. After going back and looking I did notice that you were one that told 22 to STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron