ISU-TU Game being played on loop in Texas Locker Room

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Look at K State's all time record against Texas (9-7). No reason in the world we can't enjoy similar long term success with the right people leading the program.

Last edited:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Here is the quote...

IMO, he did nothing to **** on the mentality of the team, in fact, its quite the opposite. He essentially says how hard it is to recruit against the giant that is Texas, meaning we undoubtedly have lesser talented players, and we still go toe to toe with them, because our program knows how to win (even though I disagree with that 100%).
Okay, I appreciate the clarification of what PR said - thanks. Still don't like the comment because of what can be implied (even wrongly), but I will admit that I was mistaken concerning PR's intention with that comment.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
The writer needs to get caught up - it was our FORMER coach who said we should never beat Texas by 24 points. And, for the record, if any ISU FB coach were to ever say that again, they should be fired on the spot!!
Texas should crush us every year. Look at what Oklahoma does to us. Texas is just as capable, if not more, of doing that to us year in and year out. Their coaching staffs in recent years have been unbelievably terrible. Maybe Strong is starting to turn that around, I dunno, but there's no excuse for Texas to struggle so mightily with Iowa State.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why? It was a perfectly true thing to say and only sounds bad if you take it out of context and twist it. He was talking about how there's no way a team with ISU's recruits should beat a team with Texas's recruits by 24, but celebrating how they did anyway by working harder, etc. I was on the fire Rhoads bandwagon pretty early but there was nothing wrong with that statement.

A true competitor expects to win. Dude decided to campaign for his job instead of trying to keep that steam going. Those are the two things wrong with that statement.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Campbell needs to put the George fumble fiasco on loop the week before Texa$ game.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The writer needs to get caught up - it was our FORMER coach who said we should never beat Texas by 24 points. And, for the record, if any ISU FB coach were to ever say that again, they should be fired on the spot!!

Uhh, prior year Texas non-fumble fumble ring a bell?

Need to look up definition of "To Goad".....nevermind.

goad ɡōd/
verb: goad; 3rd person present: goads; past tense: goaded; past participle: goaded; gerund or present participle: goading
synonyms:prod, spike, staff, crook, rod "he applied his goad to the cows"

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If people believe the sun sets in the east they are going to believe it even as they watch it set in the west.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron