***ISU vs A&M***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
How can there be such disparity? Big shifts in intensity - Crush'em 25-10 in the first; drop the second 25-22. I wonder what coach talked about during the break.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Don't know about the injury. We've been pushed too much the last few games - tournament next week. We're down 2-1, have to win in five.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
With two outsides out we are Taylor Knuth has played a lot of minutes. While very capable I think it has to change up the offense.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Lost 3-1. I think our season long credentials and rpi will get us a seed and selected as a host. But, I worry about the way we've played the last couple of weeks.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Nice, we played one of our worst matches of the year on the eve of the selection show. I have to think our spot has been decided, but WTF? They were just out of it. How many errors did we have from Alison? We had a week off to get ready for this?

Bad passing, service errors, anything that could go wrong did. It's one match, but you don't want to end the season on a match like that. Plus, send them to the SEC with that satisfaction. Crap. They are not a great team.

I hope Kelsey is okay. She matters to this team.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Nice, we played one of our worst matches of the year on the eve of the selection show. I have to think our spot has been decided, but WTF? They were just out of it. How many errors did we have from Alison? We had a week off to get ready for this?

Bad passing, service errors, anything that could go wrong did. It's one match, but you don't want to end the season on a match like that. Plus, send them to the SEC with that satisfaction. Crap. They are not a great team.

I hope Kelsey is okay. She matters to this team.

Definitely agree: We were rolling in the first set and then we just stopped. Maybe we got flustered when Kelsey went out. Hopefully she's alright and was just a precaution for the tournament

Not a way to send your seniors out, but maybe CJL knows that we'll host, still not an excuse though.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Definitely agree: We were rolling in the first set and then we just stopped. Maybe we got flustered when Kelsey went out. Hopefully she's alright and was just a precaution for the tournament

Not a way to send your seniors out, but maybe CJL knows that we'll host, still not an excuse though.

It's easy from the stands. A&M were tight in the first set, but their blocking and passing really picked up in the second set. Give them credit, and 14 and 10 were tough both hitting and blocking. But we have to hit around the block and our passing was way off; Landwehr was running all over the place to get to the ball. Too many unforced errors too.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would assume they would be similiar to two years ago, when we last hosted the first-second rounds. Our first-round match was Friday, and tickets cost $14 for both sessions (1st and 2nd rounds). Those were the only tix that were sold in advance. Single session tickets were only sold prior to the match, and cost $10 I believe.
We could start play either Thursday or Friday.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I would assume they would be similiar to two years ago, when we last hosted the first-second rounds. Our first-round match was Friday, and tickets cost $14 for both sessions (1st and 2nd rounds). Those were the only tix that were sold in advance. Single session tickets were only sold prior to the match, and cost $10 I believe.
We could start play either Thursday or Friday.

Something near that price would be excellent!

Would those matches take place in the evening? If they happened during the daytime, my students might expect my attendance.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
T&M is a decent tourney bound team. Perhaps coach was protecting injured players - looking ahead. Other goings on - Northwestern beat Nebraska 3-1.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Lost 3-1. I think our season long credentials and rpi will get us a seed and selected as a host. But, I worry about the way we've played the last couple of weeks.

ISU's RPI is still #3 in the country, even after the loss. We will get a very high seed, based on that and our top 50 wins.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
I see from the video Peterson has ice one her knee.

If you watch CJL's postgame video at cyclones.com, she says that both Hurtt and Petersen should be back for the tourney. Hurtt sprained her ankle. Petersen has been bothered by a sore knee. Petersen might have been able to keep playing, but they made the decision in the interests of the more important games ahead. If you watch the highlight video from the game, eventually Kelsey is limping and trying not to put weight on her left leg. Seeing that, seems like the right decision. Hopefully she is good to go after some rest. She has been a dynamic force especially late this season. Her absence may have hurt the block quite a bit, which gave all the momentum to A&M and left ISU scrambling.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
I saw that too cydney, it looked like CJL made the right decision to take out Peterson especially when the post season games are a lot more important than this one.

I believe that Kelsey not only has been a force at the net, but also gives this team a lot of energy; if you watched ISU play on tv this season you can see when Kels or anybody gets a huge kill, she goes crazy and fires up the team.

Hopefully she's feels better come tournament time because we need that energy.