ISU vs Iowa Wrestling Thread

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Thanks Cyclone62, you're the best! I knew about take downs and reversals but it makes a whole lot more sense when you think about assigning points based on leverage. I always figured since I didn't see many pins that they were hard. I've heard some people refer to wrestlers as "natural pinners;" what does this mean besides they get a lot of pins? One more question - what makes a good shot and how does a wrestler keep his shot from getting blocked?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I've heard some people refer to wrestlers as "natural pinners;" what does this mean besides they get a lot of pins? One more question - what makes a good shot and how does a wrestler keep his shot from getting blocked?

A "natural pinner" is a wrestler that has a knack for finishing/pinning moves. They tend to be a lot stronger and just seem to be able to get their finishing moves to follow through.

A "good shot" is a shot that is set up well; one that is made while your opponent is out of position, and has a higher chance of success. The best way to keep your shot from being blocked is from getting good inside hand position, and just setting up your shot the best you can.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
Yeah, we all know this is Iowa's Wrestlemania. They just get up for this meet more than the others. Occasionally little brother gets to beat up on big brother. We shouldn't schedule them anymore as it just doesn't help our squad.

Am I forgetting any of them?

Let's see...

Wrestlemania/SuperBowl CHECK
They just get up for this meet more than the others CHECK
Little brother/Big Brother CHECK
doesn't help our squad CHECK

Good Job you have cover the 4 Main Excuse Groups!

:spinny: