***ISU vs Iowa***

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So the fact we over pay the Fam Biz by hundreds of thousands to be less than mediocre doesn't matter? The amount the school invests into the program getting zero return. Losing 2.5 million is still 2.5 million even if other people do it too.

Look at last night. No one was there compared to what was drawn even 6-7 years ago. Official attendance said 10,916 and lower bowl wasn't even close to being full. Fennelly did a lot for the program but he's become stale and can't develop players at all. Worst part is we've got a situation where his kid is heir to the throne.

Not in terms of the finances. The program would lose that money no matter who we were paying and how much we win or lose. That happens nationwide.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I get a laugh out of everyone second guessing coaches and making unfounded connections between this coach, that player, NCAA performance by the team etc. This is a team sport for a reason. It takes all coaches, all players in combination to produce the result we see on the court. It also is determined by the quality of the teams we play. Come on folks...either you are a fan of ISU women's basketball or not. If you are then support the team. If you aren't find something else to do that doesn't stress you out so much. The bottom line is that we have a set of coaches (that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future). We have some amazing young women who are working their butts off to be a good team. They will get better. Wishing Jack or anyone else was still here is like wishing you could taste that steak you had ten years ago again. Isn't going to happen.

I guess if you ever say anything negative that means you don't support the team anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: willscho

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
First game seeing the team in person. Wasn't a fan of Bill constantly jerking B K-H in and out of the lineup. She wasn't in foul trouble and was playing the best defense on Gustafson.

He said in pregame that her conditioning still wasn't great, so that in and out was planned. I think she definitely got more minutes than expected, because her quickness was bothering number 10.

As to Jack vs Billy, I think we looked so bad in Jack's last game that some change was inevitable. And I don't give Jack credit for Poppins or Prins. He helped them both, but the difference was their motor and unusual skill set coming in.

I think our PG development will be our biggest factor this year. Emily isn't quick enough to match up with power 5 PGs. If our bench can grow in both skill and confidence, we can yet surprise some folks. I've always hoped for a WNIT crown. I think that'd be fun. It's like a bowl game, plus 5.

I was just watching the popular youtube about how millenials are different. I think the old school anger just isn't as productive as it was 20 years ago. Building confidence and teamwork is where the future lies.[/QUOTE]

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Ok then never hold the coaches accountable. Got it. Sorry I'll never question the fam biz again

Whining about the same thing as if its going to make a difference rather than being constructive and actually talking about the TEAM (i.e. those who are working their butts off to entertain you) are two different things. Has nothing to do with accountability especially when you don't have any information to corroborate your complaints. Now, if you happen to attend practices "back in the day" and today, or sit near the bench and listen in to the coaching that takes place during games, or happen to know the coaches personally and have insight from that...then please...share it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'll just leave this here for the rest of you to comment on. I just can't. :rolleyes:

24852539_10159767964260445_5363967203973533095_n.jpg

Somebody in ISU athletic marketing is have a serious nerdgasm.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Regarding Jack vs Billy, a change was badly needed to rejuvenate recruiting which Billy has helped with to some extent. But more staff change is way overdue. A Brenda Frese or Robin Pingeton type assistant has got to be brought in to further boost recruiting and provide a new voice for player development which has obviously stagnated (Burkhall being Exhibit A).

Regarding recruiting, all you have to do is look at the current roster to ascertain the lack of quality recruiting and the need for correction. There are only 8 high major players on the current roster and 4 of them are newcomers.

• Agree
Reactions: geewago

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Whining about the same thing as if its going to make a difference rather than being constructive and actually talking about the TEAM (i.e. those who are working their butts off to entertain you) are two different things. Has nothing to do with accountability especially when you don't have any information to corroborate your complaints. Now, if you happen to attend practices "back in the day" and today, or sit near the bench and listen in to the coaching that takes place during games, or happen to know the coaches personally and have insight from that...then please...share it.

Ok my fault. Im sorry they are breaking out all the gimmicks. Cash grab box. Star wars day (Bill is the evil emperor btw). No need to question anything. Lets just let him slowly funnel money to all his family members' pockets and smile. at least he yelled at them 1/2 the way Fran would. Hes laughing at you as he swims through his cash like Scrooge McDuck. By the way he also gets his daughter in a law on payroll doing radio.

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale

Let us forget this coaching staff can't develop players one bit and how many ladies have transfered out? I'll hang up and listen

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Somebody in ISU athletic marketing is have a serious nerdgasm.

ISU is hardly alone on this front. There are dozens of schools, semi-pro and pro teams doing some type of Star Wars theme night this season.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Let us forget this coaching staff can't develop players one bit and how many ladies have transfered out? I'll hang up and listen

It is really sad that ISU is the only team where every player dosn't develop and some transfer to other schools.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Member last fall at this time when the star laden mens team was all thumbs. Takes time for a new team, and that is what have, to flow.