ISU vs NEB Gamethread

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
What is Dodie, like 96% from the Free throw line?

Man, it seemed like every year for the last eight, someone has ranked ISU's recruiting class in the top 20 or even top 10, and it hasn't worked out (transfer, declared for draft, shootout with the cops)...this year's freshman + mike taylor might be the best we've had since Fizer came in, and all anybody called them is "picked over". Damn, i like this freshman class of Johnson and Johnson and Dunson.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
What is Dodie, like 96% from the Free throw line?

Man, it seemed like every year for the last eight, someone has ranked ISU's recruiting class in the top 20 or even top 10, and it hasn't worked out (transfer, declared for draft, shootout with the cops)...this year's freshman + mike taylor might be the best we've had since Fizer came in, and all anybody called them is "picked over". Damn, i like this freshman class of Johnson and Johnson and Dunson.

I think that the team is actually learning something in practice. Which means we have a good coach.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Agreed. Taylor. Wes J. Hubalek. All of them look like everyone hoped they would be. What great improvement.

Clark is playing his role and is a great team player. He my favorite on this team because he stuck it out and probably could have gotten a scholarship from almost any school... so this is in no way a put down on Clark, but if he could show the same improvement with his ability to create his own shot, this team could really be something. Hopefully it becomes a bigger focus for Mac after the other more pressing issues like Jiri are fixed.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
It's nice to have a half-court offense this season! Seems like last year, if we didn't score off the break, we didn't have much of a chance other than clear out for Stinson.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I still expect this season to be hit and miss, but so far so good. Up to this point we are exceeding expectations and hopefully in the big picture (long term) this is a sign of things to come.

Go Team

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
I don't think I'd attribute a relatively comfortable win over Nebraska to Hilton Magic. A win on Saturday, however...

I agree. However, in that stretch early in the second half when Taylor hit those threes, you could hear Hilton Magic in the distance. It's coming folks. It's just a matter of time. I don't know if it will be here in time for KU, but it's coming.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
If Oral Roberts can clip KU at the Phog, there's no reason we can't get them at home. The jury is still out on KU on the road. Don't let tonight's OSU game sway you into thinking we'll get thumped. KU under Self has had a rep of taking games off, and/or playing to their competition. Let's hope this continues, and we send them home with a loss!

jbell71464

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
The most impressive thing about the clones this year is that they have never quit. I dont think last year's team could have pulled off the Missouri win. This team has the will to win, they will fall short sometimes, but the foundation is there for a great chapter in ISU basketball. If Chizik can create the same atmosphere, the future of ISU athletics is going to be one great ride!

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I agree. However, in that stretch early in the second half when Taylor hit those threes, you could hear Hilton Magic in the distance. It's coming folks. It's just a matter of time. I don't know if it will be here in time for KU, but it's coming.

Hilton Magic is coming? Isn't magic something that is either there or not? I would think that the team coming together is growing and their ability to play big in big sitations is something thats getting better and coming along. However, I hate to see good players playing together called 'magic'.

If you can guess a particular card in a deck, there's a lot of luck that goes along with that 'magic'. Let's not resort to calling this team lucky.