ISU vs. Texas predictions

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I predict pain

Iowa vs Texas on neutral court was tied at half

We will be ahead the whole game and lose in the last minute

I kinda agree - Texas has looked average several times this year. We might keep it closer than expected and get hopes up again that Gmac is building something.
The Longhorns hit the boards hard, though...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Have to slow it down, shorten the game, run only when it is there. If we run with these guys we will get beat by 50. Lot better chance to win if you can hold them to 60 or 70 points, that is the only hope.

This is pretty much what ISU had tried to do during the past 2 years in Big 12 play, and it has been a miserable failure. Time to try something else. In Big 12 play, you need to bring your athletes and try to score between 70-80. If you can't do that, then be prepared to lose. ISU is supposed to have athletes now, so it's time to see what they can do.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
ISU wins because of McD's coaching down the stretch and CF will still want a new coach.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
GMAC BELIEVES. THE PLAYERS BELIEVE. I BELIEVE. THE FIRST VICTORY OVER A #1 RANKED TEAM IN 53 YEARS WILL TAKE PLACE WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!! PLENTY OF SEATS STILL AVAILABLE. ARE YOU GOING TO TELL YOUR GRANDKIDS YOU WATCHED IT ON TV OR ARE YOU GOING TO TELL THEM YOU WERE THERE? TIME FOR EVERY CYCLONE IN CENTRAL IOWA TO FAN-UP. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT WILL BE ONE FOR THE AGES!!!

Reactions: CycloneErik

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
You would think we could hang with them. Wasn't Iowa tied with them at the half?!?!? Sorry, I know people don't like logic around here!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
You would think we could hang with them. Wasn't Iowa tied with them at the half?!?!? Sorry, I know people don't like logic around here!

If they play like they did against iowa and we play well, we can definitely hang with them. If they play like they did against MSU or UNC, no way.

that's why the transitive property doesn't work well in basketball, no team plays at the same level in every game.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I have this feeling that Texas will come in here overlooking us. I think they will come out flat and uninspired. But I just dont know if we are fundamentally sound enough to take advantage of it.
I sure hope so. If ISU bball ever needed a big break, its now.

S

st8

I have this feeling that Texas will come in here overlooking us. I think they will come out flat and uninspired. But I just dont know if we are fundamentally sound enough to take advantage of it.
I sure hope so. If ISU bball ever needed a big break, its now.

I could honestly see us leading at some point in the game, then mac turns on the conservative switch and the lead is quickly taken away, team goes flat, we lose by 15.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron