ISU's offense seeks to make stronger connections, throw more deep balls in 2024

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
That was a all time classic game to watch
It was a combination of the season ending, expectations were low going in, a night game, and then the snow.

Before you knew it, Abu was scoring. Then it snowballed (get it) into the one of the most entertaining games and most talked about games nationally.

I won’t ever forget it.

Reactions: NWICY and DrClone

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
What part of “eleven starters back, plus four transfers” was hard for you to grasp? Not once did Brock and Breece have that situation.

That aside from the fact that Rocco is pretty equivalent to Brock, while Abu is already compared to Breece—plus the talent surrounding them is better. And deeper.
I don't think I'd make those comparisons in any way, especially the Breece one. Abu worries me as every down back, but he could definitely have improved enough in the off season to be a very good one, or he may remain a great change of pace back. KSU snowmegeddon clouds the memory a bit.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Take out the snow game in Manhattan. It’s one of my favorite games I have EVER watched in my life as a Cyclone but it also produced some anomalies.
Correct. The stats are the stats from that game, so nobody is saying it doesn’t count. However, that was perfect for a guy like Sama and his game when the offense always has the clear advantage in heavy snow in general. Abu absolutely has the chance to be a great back. We shall see if he has the patience it takes to find that little gap, make one move and take off. He can do it, but we need to see it more consistently.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Its not like we’ve never tried stretching the field vs Iowa before.
our most successful game against Iowa offensively was the Jacob Park game and we were throwing all over the place against them. I want that kind of aggressive offense the entire season

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I don't think I'd make those comparisons in any way, especially the Breece one. Abu worries me as every down back, but he could definitely have improved enough in the off season to be a very good one, or he may remain a great change of pace back. KSU snowmegeddon clouds the memory a bit.
8m0zm5.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All eleven starters back. Plus four interesting transfers. I don’t think that’s going to be an issue.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

We just have to wait and see. We typically start slow. We typically lose to Iowa. I don't see any reason to hold back at the start of the season. Holding back, or not performing well, is a standard here under Campbell.

If we have some fire, light it up right away.

Help Support Us

Become a patron