"It's good for the state!"

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
High school.girls basketball numbers in the state of Iowa are dropping at an alarming rate. If the success of this team has a positive impact on numbers and overall level of play then that is great for the state of Iowa. You may not like the team carrying the torch but you should respect the run they are on and the potential impact on your daughters and grand daughters playing basketball in the future.

What makes you believe h.s. wbb numbers are dropping? I haven't heard of any schools dropping teams like you do in fb.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've been practicing my be nice talking points. Amazing run by IA in the tourney. Really peaked at the right time. Clark has a lot of range on her jumper and is a great assist passer. Blah,blah,blah.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
One of the reasons I can't stand basically everyone but Keith Murphy on the station.....but this is the classic, if roles were reversed, Cyclones would get a "can't have success without bringing in the Hawks...#rentfree" type of comment

Andrew Downs is a ******* loser. I wish that guy would move on to a bigger market, but there’s not one that would ever offer a job to that talentless hack.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hawk fans enjoying Purdy's success as a 49er (especially when it's connected to a former Hawkeye TE) is not the same as cheering on a current representative of ISU athletics.

Did the Hawks cheer for Purdy over Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl?

My best friend did... but he's one of those true weirdos that truly cheers for all of the state teams when they're not playing Iowa. I know he's not representative of most of the Hawk fandom.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I've been practicing my be nice talking points. Amazing run by IA in the tourney. Really peaked at the right time. Clark has a lot of range on her jumper and is a great assist passer. Blah,blah,blah.
It's crazy she leads the team in all stats, including the negative ones like bad defender, misses the most shots, has the most turnovers. Truly remarkable

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This Iowa run is good for the state just as much as Brock Purdy's rise from Mr. Irrelevant to stardom was good for the state.
Hearing of Tyrese Haliburton randomly as a "suberlative." And our other active greats too (Hall, Lazard, Montgomery), are out there making news. Not to belittle WBB, but it is big stuff.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Andrew Downs is a ******* loser. I wish that guy would move on to a bigger market, but there’s not one that would ever offer a job to that talentless hack.

I mean the only reason he has a job is because listeners had to rally to bring them back to the station... than he "rewarded" the listeners with Sean Roberts and Heather Burnside in drive time.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I hate Iowa's football and men's bball programs, and hope they lose every game ever for the rest of time. But I just don't care if they have a successful women's bball program, and I'm having a hard time not cheering for them here.

Another person I hope loses every game ever for the rest of time: Kim Mulkey.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Oh lord!

John Sears just said in his intro on Ch. 13 sports that the Hawkeyes won one of the most exciting (or was it best?) college basketball games in history last night. Really? The madness must stop.

G-E-A-U-X, Go Pink Flamingos, Go!

Reactions: NWICY

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
was just on facebook and ISU ran a minute and 45 second video of ISU sports in the month of March and the first comment was great game go iowa. what a jerk and that is why I will pull for mulkey tomorrow night.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hearing of Tyrese Haliburton randomly as a "suberlative." And our other active greats too (Hall, Lazard, Montgomery), are out there making news. Not to belittle WBB, but it is big stuff.

Won't shock me at all if Haliburton and Clark are both on the next Olympic team. The only way Tyrese won't be on it is if he turns them down. He's already had tremendous success with USA basketball, he's a top ten American born player right now, probably a top 3 player who would consider playing on the next team, and he's the ideal player to be on an all-star compilation type of team.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I get the annoyance you guys that live in Iowa have with this. I grew up in eastern Iowa, it’s awful.

I had never heard of Clark till like a month ago and the only reason I heard of her then was because Chris Williams talked about it on his show. I had no idea Iowa was in the final four till today, and that was because of this thread. I live in Texas, quite literally nobody cares here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron