It's time to switch to football ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Texas is supposed to win the Big 12 so I don't think their SEC membership next season has anything to do with Texas fans wanting to see Texas win it this year which would be true for ISU fans as well in similar conditions of play.
You don't think going to the SEC has anything to do with it?
Just a yes or no answer please: does Alabama have a season ticket waiting list?

Soocity

May 8, 2023
You don't think going to the SEC has anything to do with it?
Just a yes or no answer please: does Alabama have a season ticket waiting list?
You write like you're a congressperson with the yes or no answer please. LOL. I can not get in the head of a Texas fan but if a Cyclone fan with all they have coming back and rated number one going into the season the place would be sold out too here in Ames, and if you think otherwise you're just not very smart about how fans flock to winners rather than losers which we've had both of.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You write like you're a congressperson with the yes or no answer please. LOL. I can not get in the head of a Texas fan but if a Cyclone fan with all they have coming back and rated number one going into the season the place would be sold out too here in Ames, and if you think otherwise you're just not very smart about how fans flock to winners rather than losers which we've had both of.
Nice word salad, Surly.

• Haha
  • Dumb
Reactions: Gorm and Soocity

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Texas has a MASSIVE fanbase to work with though. That's a really lazy comparison. Fan's are 100% trying to get ahead of the demand surge that moving to the SEC will cause.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

That's a really bad first team... not sure if that would be a top 15 team in the country by itself.

Not sold on Daniels at all. Guess he carved up Arkansas third stringers in Memphis, but only threw over 230 yards once before that.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
That's a really bad first team... not sure if that would be a top 15 team in the country by itself.

Not sold on Daniels at all. Guess he carved up Arkansas third stringers in Memphis, but only threw over 230 yards once before that.
Same. Not sure what it says about the Big 12 as a conference if he is the preseason QB1 in the league.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

The league in general is down right now. Okie State, Baylor, and Texas Tech are all down from recent highs while OU and TX are still trying to find their place.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I feel like Tech is getting a lot of media love too.
I semi-understand the Tech love since I think McGuire is legit, but also because the league has rotated with the better teams having the most experience. They have a ton of older guys coming back similar to ISU in 2020, and TCU last year. If it actually happens remains to be seen, but the framework is there

Last edited: