Jake Campos official visit (for the doubters)

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Decided to go over to check it out. Holy mother of god that is an awful message board design. That was my first and last visit.

Yet another reason why I am glad they are gone. When I saw the link I remembered the trap that is their message board. Never again.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
I love ISU as much as anybody and my first-born is a freshman in Ames this fall, but if I could send him to Vanderbilt for the price of ISU, he'd be living in Nashville right now! Awesome university, campus & city, with another awesome school right next door (Belmont). To have a winning football team is simply candy sprinkles on a fully frosted cake!

Please post this crap on the Vanderbilt or some other geek site and keep it off this site. Unbelievable.

sfcyclonefan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2010
San Francisco
Come on, we are not so insecure as alums and students that we can't see that there are schools that are in more popular locations or that have better academic reputations.

It's not like he said Oregon st or Kentucky. Vandy is a great school outside of athletics.

Not sure what the Belmont part was about though. Unless its an all girls school.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Come on, we are not so insecure as alums and students that we can't see that there are schools that are in more popular locations or that have better academic reputations.

It's not like he said Oregon st or Kentucky. Vandy is a great school outside of athletics.

Not sure what the Belmont part was about though. Unless its an all girls school.

Yeah wow at some point you have acknowledge that some schools are better academically than ISU. Vandy is absolutely nuts academically and is improving in football.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
I think we all realize that ISU probably isn't the best school in the world, but that whole icing on the cake thing just didn't seem right.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
The insecurity I'm seeing in this thread... Wow. Get some thicker skin, and realize there is a world outside of Ames. I mean I love Iowa State - everything about it - but don't be blind. It's ok to acknowledge other schools.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Is that while website just one big continuous thread? The layout is unbearable to try and follow what those idiots are saying, maybe that's their intent so no one knows how stupid they are

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The insecurity I'm seeing in this thread... Wow. Get some thicker skin, and realize there is a world outside of Ames. I mean I love Iowa State - everything about it - but don't be blind. It's ok to acknowledge other schools.

My post was only pointing out the obvious about Vandy football. Vandy is a great institution but their football program is a disaster. This season will mark Vandy's 2nd winning season since 1982. That is 2 winning seasons in the last 30 years and during that 30 year stretch nearly half of the time Vandy finished their season with 2 wins or less.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I think we all realize that ISU probably isn't the best school in the world, but that whole icing on the cake thing just didn't seem right.

Apologies - I certainly didn't intend to create an uproar and I'm not insulting my alma mater! That they have a winning FB team this season is the icing on the cake that is the Vanderbilt campus located in the heart of Nashville (along with their highly regarded academics). I don't care or know much about Belmont, other than the campus is adjacent to Vanderbilt, creating a cool dynamic. I'll refrain from commenting on other schools / campuses in the future...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My post was only pointing out the obvious about Vandy football. Vandy is a great institution but their football program is a disaster. This season will mark Vandy's 2nd winning season since 1982. That is 2 winning seasons in the last 30 years and during that 30 year stretch nearly half of the time Vandy finished their season with 2 wins or less.
Tennessee, Kentucky, and Auburn had to suck the same year for Vandy to make it to the promised land.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The Jake Campos/Argue about Vanderbilt thread?

Gotta like our chances at this point, but I wish he wasn't still going on a visit there.