Jamie Pollard "State of the Union" Address for Dept.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I agree with you. I think the tunnel is still there and not changing at all that they've mentioned.
Welp, as I type this, they are currently ripping out at least a section of it..

Edit: Perhaps they're angling the tunnel more, as those doors in that middle section of the building are right where the players will likely exit from the locker room on game day.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Welp, as I type this, they are currently ripping out at least a section of it..

Edit: Perhaps they're angling the tunnel more, as those doors in that middle section of the building are right where the players will likely exit from the locker room on game day.

You are probably right.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Hotel space can be an issue on FB game weekends, though they have built some more hotels out on 16th. I wonder if CC could work out a discount program with certain hotels. Ideally, in a way that is cost neutral for the AD. Maybe start with the newer hotels or ones in surrounding towns. We’ve stayed in Story City, Boone, Ankeny, etc.. May encourage fans from our of town/state to buy tickets and/or stay in town.

We tend to stay a night or two on game weekends, but it was easier to do when I was swimming in hotel points pre-COVID.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Didn't think this needed its own thread so I'm putting it here.

Does anyone know what the financial impact to the conference/ISU if they cancel the Big XII basketball tournaments?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Didn't think this needed its own thread so I'm putting it here.

Does anyone know what the financial impact to the conference/ISU if they cancel the Big XII basketball tournaments?
It’s a good question. This will be year two of reduced revenues for the AD via ticket sales and TV revenues. It reinforces the need for more donors and giving, as well as ticket purchases.

Reactions: STLISU

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
You are probably right. Graduated in fall 1968. My memory is a bit hazy. I remember going to SOV during Vieshea, and thinking this is way cool. Not sure where else it would have been held, Armory?
This is from this link: http://historicexhibits.lib.iastate.edu/VEISHEA/sov.html

Must have been the Armory for SOV if before 1970.

In 1939, the "Nite Show" was renamed "Stars Over VEISHEA" (SOV) to highlight that the show had been moved outside to Clyde Williams field to add more seating for viewers. Like the parade, the show was not held during World War II (1943-1945). In 1959, SOV returned indoors due to the chance of unfavorable weather, difficulty in seeing and hearing the performance and the opportunity to add an orchestra. In 1970, the show moved from the Armory, where it had been held since 1959, to the newly built CY Stephens Auditorium.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I wonder if he had an optimistic tone to everything because he needs more donations ASAP to buy out a basketball coach.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I’m now a first time member of the Cyclone Club! The “States” level was right for me. I probably should have joined 5 years ago. I hope more people can start donating if they are able to.

My wife and I did the same. We'll also be first time season ticket holders, despite living 4 hours away. Doing what we can to support the AD.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Ticketmaster has my home IP address blocked, so that made it difficult, but I've become a member, too. After graduating last year, I have a decent job and I'm doing okay, so I decided it was time to start pulling my own weight. I hope others feel the same way. Besides, it's nice to let those priority points start accumulating for down the road.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
View attachment 81653

Any current Gridiron club members.. Are they still planning on honoring the free admission to a closed practice event for Point After Mmembers and above??

The Gridiron Club didn't have access to a closed practice last year. I would assume that it will all be related to the perceived COVID risk again this year, but I expect Campbell to err on the side of controlling the variables. So, I'm not planning on it for this year either. There are Gridiron Club honchos who post here. Maybe one of them will chime in.

Last edited:

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Cyclone Club and the GridIron Club? Which one is better to donate to? Or is all the $ going to the same place?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Cyclone Club and the GridIron Club? Which one is better to donate to? Or is all the $ going to the same place?

Cyclone Club supports the entire AD and affects where your season tickets are and priority in buying things like bowl tickets through the school.

Grid Iron is specifically for football and has several football related perks.

If you can, donate to both.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron