Jamie Pollard "State of the Union" Address for Dept.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think setting up a setting up another level for seats could work now. View attachment 81211
Make the light brown the you have to donate level. I think you can do the same for Hilton. Make the corners a you have to donate level. I can come up with more but that’s what the ADs job is.

Shhhh. Don't suggest that.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can someone give me a ballpark number of CF subscribers vs the the 6000 CC members? What's the difference in the mix between these groups?

And why aren't more of them Premium Members or Patreon Donors to this site?
:chris:

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When will they start tying Cyclone Club donation levels with C.Y. Stephens shows? There is plenty of space to give away at no cost to the university (as few shows sell out).

Flip the script on the Ames arts community and use athletics power to drive interest in C.Y. Stephens.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When will they start tying Cyclone Club donation levels with C.Y. Stephens shows? There is plenty of space to give away at no cost to the university (as few shows sell out).

Flip the script on the Ames arts community and use athletics power to drive interest in C.Y. Stephens.

That's a good idea. C.Y. tickets discount tied into Cyclone Club donation.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm guessing it would draw within 100 miles for the right show?

I am not going but I doubt it. I was in there 1 time for for graduation and I live in Ames. This isnt a knock on the arts.Well my daughter had a ballet in Cy Stephens.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon

That could be a likely scenario with the AD taking over all the Iowa State Complex. One task Pollard mentioned was that C.Y. Stephens was basically loosing money and deferring maintenance. Getting donors for that would help catch up on maintenance and create revenue vs, expense.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
I'm guessing it would draw within 100 miles for the right show?

I agree, the right show would draw people in. I think most people are willing to drive 2-3 for a good show. People in Ames drive to KC to watch the Cyclones play BB. I don't see much difference.

I've traveled 12hours before for a concert. Didn't think twice about it, because it was one I wanted to see.

Reactions: STLISU

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I don't think it is at no cost. They still have to either buy the show or co-promote. If they are co-promoting they share the take on every ticket and the co-promote partner is not going to be up for giving a discount. They are going to want a full take on every sold (occupied) seat. If they are buying the show there is the overlap of people who donate to the AD and people who buy tickets to Stephens shows. If you are giving some of those people tickets you are now making it tougher to sell enough tickets to break even or make a profit on the show.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't think it is at no cost. They still have to either buy the show or co-promote. If they are co-promoting they share the take on every ticket and the co-promote partner is not going to be up for giving a discount. They are going to want a full take on every sold (occupied) seat. If they are buying the show there is the overlap of people who donate to the AD and people who buy tickets to Stephens shows. If you are giving some of those people tickets you are now making it tougher to sell enough tickets to break even or make a profit on the show.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I suspect that Pollard could negotiate something with the co-promoter so that this made sense for both of them. We are talking about Jamie F'n Pollard.

It's not like C.Y. Stephens shows are all that well-advertised now. They seem to be riding a fairly lame model that has been in place for a long time (season ticket yard signs, newspaper ads, and annual mailed packets for season ticket renewals). From my vantage point, as a season ticket holder for Athletics and Stephens, it seems that now is a great time to do something different with the Stephens model.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Kinda but not likely people from far away will come to Cy Stepehens.
I am 2 hours from Ames and it is very unlikely I would, but I know many from the area that would likely take advantage if I could get them discounted tickets.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
I’m guessing there are plenty of people on here who think like this as well but I was thrilled season tickets are going up ~20% or so. They should, even if we weren’t in a pandemic. I want the FB team at the school I attended and have had season tickets at for 20+ years to be really good at football. When they are, and the coach stays, I expect the cost to go up and will gladly pay not only the ticket increase but will increase my NCC donation level. JP and CMC have done their job, now it’s time for people like me to do better too.

Last edited:

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I’m guessing there are plenty of people on here who think like this as well but I was thrilled season tickets are going up ~20% or so. They should, even if we weren’t in a pandemic. I want the school I went to and the FB team I’ve had season tickets at for 20+ years to be really good at football. When they are, and the coach stays, I expect the cost to go up and will gladly pay not only the ticket increase but will increase my NCC donation level. JP and CMC have done their job, now it’s time for people like me to do better too.
Awesome. Well stated and I agree.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron