Jeremiah Cooper NIL representation

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Which Iowa DB is worth that much?

If you think real hard I think you can guess. And yes, 600K is the going rate for elite Safety's. Frankly, I've heard nearly first hand what multiple other Iowa players (some that barely play) make and my jaw hit the floor. We are simply not going to be able to compete with the Iowa's of the world in NIL. My guess is Cooper is gone unless WeWill ponies up a close to matching offer.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
600K is the going rate, that's a fact. Cooper will have to make the decision to stay at ISU and make considerably less money or go somewhere and make considerably more money. Again, my guess is he's gone.
Guess we will find out soon enough if the chicken littles are right

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
TJ Tampa had over a million dollar offer to leave ISU last year and didn't. Cooper will likely have a ton of money thrown at him from different suitors and if he leaves, he leaves, but he seems like he really likes it here.

Not every good player will leave. Not every good player will stay. Saying "I bet he leaves because he can get paid more" is dumb. Not every single player is looking for a pay day.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
TJ Tampa had over a million dollar offer to leave ISU last year and didn't. Cooper will likely have a ton of money thrown at him from different suitors and if he leaves, he leaves, but he seems like he really likes it here.

Not every good player will leave. Not every good player will stay. Saying "I bet he leaves because he can get paid more" is dumb. Not every single player is looking for a pay day.
Bingo.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
We have zero track record putting DB's in the NFL.
Not a great track record certainly, but did just get one drafted this last draft and will have have another in Tampa this next draft. Cooper (maybe 1 or two others) could make it three years in a row that we'll have DB's drafted. Gotta start somewhere.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
600K is the going rate, that's a fact. Cooper will have to make the decision to stay at ISU and make considerably less money or go somewhere and make considerably more money. Again, my guess is he's gone.

Simply to field a team (forget about depth) you'd have to have a payroll of almost 15 million dollars. I find it difficult to believe that there are many schools with that kind of bread.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Based on what? Your own opinion?
What is there to suggest Tech has significantly more money than Iowa State? Our athletic budgets are comparable. How much NIL money do they have?

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
This doesn’t seem like a chicken little situation, seems like business and math.
Guess the star players that turned down big chunks of cash over the last 3 seasons were bad at business and math

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What is there to suggest Tech has significantly more money than Iowa State? Our athletic budgets are comparable. How much NIL money do they have?

I think it’s best to assume we have very little in NIL money.

Our key in keeping players is culture and the ability to get players a portion of what they can get elsewhere.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

In the new Big 12 they are definitely near the top if not #1. If this article is to be believed.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This doesn’t seem like a chicken little situation, seems like business and math.
If it was just business and math then Will McDonald and TJ Tampa wouldn't have played their senior seasons at ISU. Although one could argue foregoing some NIL money in college to stay in a program that you've had a lot of success in is a good business decision in the long run.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Simply to field a team (forget about depth) you'd have to have a payroll of almost 15 million dollars. I find it difficult to believe that there are many schools with that kind of bread.
I have no problem believing Iowa or Texas Tech might have double our NIL money, even triple. I also have no problem believing that certain players are getting 600k. I do not believe that is the "going rate". As in, most starters are getting that kind of money. Like you said. That's like $10-$15mill. And that's just for football. I'm going to need to see some proof, or someone more reliable that an anonymous CF poster making those claims.