Jeremiah Williams to the transfer portal.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Isn't the general rumor on Kaluma that he's not exactly the best guy to have around a program? Not a bad kid, but maybe not worth the trouble is essentially where it lands.

I could be way off base with that, but it's something I know I've heard multiple times now.

Maybe but we have made a living off taking the “not so great kids “ the last 15 years

BDJ
Royce white
Chris Allen
Corey Lucious
Deondre Kane

Just to name a few.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
I'll take what Tj has done in 2 yrs way over what Fran had accomplished in the 13 yrs or so he has been at Iowa.

There have been some ugly offense games but never a lack of effort just lack of points being scored.
TJ and cyclone MBB is superior in every way to franny and the sukeye project….that thing is just awful

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Isn't the general rumor on Kaluma that he's not exactly the best guy to have around a program? Not a bad kid, but maybe not worth the trouble is essentially where it lands.

I could be way off base with that, but it's something I know I've heard multiple times now.

Yes. You see it on the court as well. He often disrupted the flow of Creighton's offense. He's talented though for sure so someone will (over)pay for him.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Maybe but we have made a living off taking the “not so great kids “ the last 15 years

BDJ
Royce white
Chris Allen
Corey Lucious
Deondre Kane

Just to name a few.
Deondre needed direction in his life and his mom wanted to get him away from the city/and maybe he was feisty, but I've never considered him a "not so great kid". Was told by people connected to the team he was a good guy. Same with BDJ actually. He treated others well, except for when drinking was involved . Sometimes I think we tend to label players when we don't know their struggles growing up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows people that have had substance abuse issues who are some of the nicest guys.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.
He doesn't really fill a need for Iowa St, except experience in the front court. He can't play the 5. At the 4, Tre King is 75%, to potentially the same production, as Kaluma. Also Omaha should be a better defender and rebounder, and Milan has the potential to be a better shooter and scorer.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
Deondre needed direction in his life and his mom wanted to get him away from the city/and maybe he was feisty, but I've never considered him a "not so great kid". Was told by people connected to the team he was a good guy. Same with BDJ actually. He treated others well, except for when drinking was involved . Sometimes I think we tend to label players when we don't know their struggles growing up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows people that have had substance abuse issues who are some of the nicest guys.
I think both things can be true in this case. Make no mistake Kane and BDJ had reputations as being trouble or a "not so great kid". However Fred (or maybe more likely TJ) saw something in those guys that alot of other people didn't which is where your point comes in. I think they both disproved their reputations and showed the be good guys and assets to their respective teams.

Your disclaimer of BDJ treating others well except when drinking was involved shows you understand this is true.

Reactions: Drew0311

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think both things can be true in this case. Make no mistake Kane and BDJ had reputations as being trouble or a "not so great kid". However Fred (or maybe more likely TJ) saw something in those guys that alot of other people didn't which is where your point comes in. I think they both disproved their reputations and showed the be good guys and assets to their respective teams.

Your disclaimer of BDJ treating others well except when drinking was involved shows you understand this is true.

Both had baggage.

Kane worked out fine.

BDJ... did not.

We've only had bits and pieces of information as to why.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
A whole lot of judgements seem to be based solely on message board chatter and body language (the former often based on the latter).

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Both had baggage.

Kane worked out fine.

BDJ... did not.

We've only had bits and pieces of information as to why.
I've only heard bits and pieces, but the impression I got from people in the know was BDJ was a big problem in the locker room at the end of the season.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Blum and CW were willing to say Wigginton was a "big problem" his second season, too.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I've only heard bits and pieces, but the impression I got from people in the know was BDJ was a big problem in the locker room at the end of the season.

Bill Simmons used to have a bit about how it was OK to have one knucklehead on a team, but if you had two, they would start hanging out together and that’s one when the problems start - very similar to Paul Rhoads’ comments about a jackass farm. The 2014-15 team had a solid core with great talent, and probably two too many knuckleheads.

• Haha
Reactions: Sigmapolis

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Good spot for Williams. Close to home and he won't need to play right away this year as he ramps up from the injury.
While I agree, seems like all those things could of occurred here and the narrative when he announced he was leaving was its his last year wanted to go somewhere he would be a bigger piece. Will be interested to see how it plays off, wish him the best seemed like a good teammate.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
While I agree, seems like all those things could of occurred here and the narrative when he announced he was leaving was its his last year wanted to go somewhere he would be a bigger piece. Will be interested to see how it plays off, wish him the best seemed like a good teammate.
Well maybe but TJ adding Pav and Gilbert plus the incoming combo guards freshman the next two years the path to playing time is waaay clearer at Illinois. IMO.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Strange on the surface but poster above nailed it with rehabbing. Assume he is for sure not playing this year?