Jon Miller

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Guys, he's the stinkin' founder of HawkeyeNation.com. That doesn't exactly make him beholden to ISU. And he's not doing a newscast, so he's not obligated to be "fair and balanced," whatever that's worth these days.

It seems like you expected him to come on the radio and say, "You know what? Screw Iowa. I'm an ISU fan now!" just because we won the basketball game.

I'll repeat what I said before: If you were an Iowa fan and had a radio show where you could talk about pretty much whatever you want, why would you NOT talk a bunch about your wrestling team beating the number one team in the country--who also happens to be your in-state rival--in their own building?

And if they had beaten us in the basketball game, of course he would have talked more about it. It would have been a pretty damn good weekend for Iowa.

Frankly, I'm amazed he gets as much attention on these boards as he does. You guys keep bringing him up, and that only feeds the fire.

[/rant]

Great point.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Guys, he's the stinkin' founder of HawkeyeNation.com. That doesn't exactly make him beholden to ISU. And he's not doing a newscast, so he's not obligated to be "fair and balanced," whatever that's worth these days.

It seems like you expected him to come on the radio and say, "You know what? Screw Iowa. I'm an ISU fan now!" just because we won the basketball game.

I'll repeat what I said before: If you were an Iowa fan and had a radio show where you could talk about pretty much whatever you want, why would you NOT talk a bunch about your wrestling team beating the number one team in the country--who also happens to be your in-state rival--in their own building?

And if they had beaten us in the basketball game, of course he would have talked more about it. It would have been a pretty damn good weekend for Iowa.

Frankly, I'm amazed he gets as much attention on these boards as he does. You guys keep bringing him up, and that only feeds the fire.

[/rant]
Well said.
:notworthy:

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
You seem to share allot of personality traits with them though.

Bottom line is, someone making a personal attack like that on one of our players in a public forum is NOT a true ISU fan, and that is a FACT.

Have you seen THIS board after a loss?

Use your agression towards Miller and hawkfans:)

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Just a friendly reminder, we are all clone fans. Play nice.

Darn it Chadm, I was going to break out the boxing gloves. :wink:

Here they are, just in case.

Ladies%20Boxing%20Gloves_2.jpg

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sorry, I just hate seeing personal attacks against our players. I am the first to point out weaknesses in our guys' games, but taking to a personal level really aggravates me.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Jon, you will never convince me that more people, even in Iowa, care more about ISU vs. Iowa in wrestling than ISU vs Iowa in Basketball. It isn't even close. We could not compare the support for the two because it is like comparing apples and oranges. Even in wrestlings best state, it is still second fiddle to basketball. The SECOND biggest sporting event in Iowa every year is ISU vs Iowa basketball.

That is why ISU beating the hawkeyes should have been your lead story.

Agreed, if we had not had a betting pool on it, and I had not spent a ton in there, I would not even have known there was a wrestling meet. It is just no comparison to basketball.

'Clones Fan

Nov 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
You seem to share allot of personality traits with them though.

Bottom line is, someone making a personal attack like that on one of our players in a public forum is NOT a true ISU fan, and that is a FACT.

How is calling him a poor excuse for a D1 player a personal attack. It has everything to do with his preformance on the court, which anyone who has watched any ISU hoops this year at all would see.

I am sure that he is a nice guy, he did go to ISU, but he is not a Division 1 basketball talent.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
How is calling him a poor excuse for a D1 player a personal attack. It has everything to do with his preformance on the court, which anyone who has watched any ISU hoops this year at all would see.

I am sure that he is a nice guy, he did go to ISU, but he is not a Division 1 basketball talent.

Have you watched him play the past couple games? He has been hitting his pull up jumper finally, and you say he isn't a D1 player? That is just inaccurate. Again, there are over 350 D1 programs in the country, and Sean would be the best player on the team at many of them. If you want to argue about him not being a major conference talent, I could understand that, I don't agree, but I could understand it.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
In most years, I don't disagree with you. This year, and I am on the message boards for both teams every single day, and I talk to fans from both schools every single day, and I take calls and get emails from fans every single day, this year, the Iowa-ISU dual meet was much more discussed and talked about.

Go back here on the boards leading up to the Iowa-ISU MBB game Saturday, and see for yourself. It was the same everywhere.

Uhh... no. The MBB game was discussed in much greater detail here.

There was an 83 post "Post game thread" for the MBB game. There was a 255 post game thread. There were several other threads started with 15+ posts in them. There was like a 40 post thread on Clarks dunk alone.

There was a 218 post match thread for the wrestling meet and 5 threads started in the wrestling forum after the match.

We enjoy wrestling here obviously, and maybe this board isn't the best forum for wrestling and I'll admit that, but people clearly cared more about the basketball game from an ISU standpoint.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I guess I still think Freeman is an out of control, poor defending, VERY streaky shooting, horrible shot selecting guard. I think Iowa fans will soon see that he got lucky when he rattled hard in some threes againts UNI.

Then again.... remind me when Im wrong and I will eat crow. The Iowa PG Peterson to me is the most over rated PG Ive seen. The dude is the least special thing Ive seen since RIcky Morgan.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Sorry, I just hate seeing personal attacks against our players. I am the first to point out weaknesses in our guys' games, but taking to a personal level really aggravates me.

Agree 100%...Haluska is busting his butt out there and all we here is "He sucks". Only hawk schills turn on their own players like that. Personal attacks on anyone who puts on a Cyclone uniform isn't cool......:realmad:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Agree 100%...Haluska is busting his butt out there and all we here is "He sucks". Only hawk schills turn on their own players like that. Personal attacks on anyone who puts on a Cyclone uniform isn't cool......:realmad:

Exactly. The effort is there from all the players so far, and if it weren't, Mac would bench them. I don't get it when people turn on their own players. I am realistic, and want them to get better, but won't bash them. They are doing their best for the coaches, fans, team, and themselves. Does anyone think they go out there and say, "I am gonna stink this court up tonight. That'll get me some attention on CF."

Yes, players could play better. No, bashing them won't help.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Exactly. The effort is there from all the players so far, and if it weren't, Mac would bench them. I don't get it when people turn on their own players. I am realistic, and want them to get better, but won't bash them. They are doing their best for the coaches, fans, team, and themselves. Does anyone think they go out there and say, "I am gonna stink this court up tonight. That'll get me some attention on CF."

Yes, players could play better. No, bashing them won't help.

Turning on players and making an honest comment is not the same. To comment that a player isn't d-1 talent is not a personal attack, it's an observation. If he said his girl friend is ugly, he has zits or he's a rear end, that's over the top. I agree everyone is working hard, we need to support Iowa State. But his comment was followed by personal attacks in my view. I don't think anyone can argue the talent level is not where it needs to be.
Just my 2 cents worth. Dont worry be happy.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Turning on players and making an honest comment is not the same. To comment that a player isn't d-1 talent is not a personal attack, it's an observation. If he said his girl friend is ugly, he has zits or he's a rear end, that's over the top. I agree everyone is working hard, we need to support Iowa State. But his comment was followed by personal attacks in my view. I don't think anyone can argue the talent level is not where it needs to be.
Just my 2 cents worth. Dont worry be happy.

I can see your point, and I didn't read the entire conversation, I was just reacting to the post above mine.

However, if you overheard someone say publicly that you are not very good at your job, that may sound like a personal attack. But if they said that you were busting your butt to get better, that would sound better.

I'm all for criticism, but the delivery of it has not been good by some posters. (I am mostly referring to postgame comments after bad losses. I hope these people are men enough to give credit if credit becomes due.)