JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Interesting to hear Neil Brown say "JT has to go out and win the QB job."
Makes ya wonder how he's looking in practice.

Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kyler Murray didn’t beat out a walk on at Oklahoma
Baker already had experience under his belt at TT and never got benched for his performance at OU, correct? Stetson did and much to the delight of a lot of Georgia fans.
I mean, if you think JT is as good as Kyler, and Stetson is comparable to Baker, good for you.

Reactions: RezClone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Baker already had experience under his belt at TT and never got benched for his performance at OU, correct? Stetson did and much to the delight of a lot of Georgia fans.
I mean, if you think JT is as good as Kyler, and Stetson is comparable to Baker, good for you.

Baker also walked on at Tech. Walk ons are sometimes great players. Not to mention . Didn’t Kyle Kemp walk on for us? Just because you we’re undervalued in high school does not mean you are a bad player

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Baker also walked on at Tech. Walk ons are sometimes great players. Not to mention . Didn’t Kyle Kemp walk on for us? Just because you we’re undervalued in high school does not mean you are a bad player
Where did I say Stetson is a bad player? I said he got benched and JT couldn't beat him out for the job (on more than one occasion).

Do you think Stetson is a good QB?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah he won a National Title.
So good National Title winning QBs usually end up in the NFL, right?
You think he does?

(I don't even think Stetson is in the upper half of SEC QBs this year)

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Hopefully he sucks balls. We don’t need WV being any more competitive than they were last year.
Last year we were their bulls eye from the year before. We were the only team they focused on to beat ALL year. This right out of Brown's mouth from post game interview.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
True, but I'd bet he never becomes an NFL starter. I walked away for that game thinking how good Georgia could have ben with a better QB. IMO they won in spite of him not because of him.
Not even a starter but I don't think he even gets much of a roster sniff.
All people have to do is twitter search: Stetson Bennett benched. There are a lot of takes.

I do like that WV hired some new blood with Harrell, and I'm assuming Harrell knows JT's strengths and weaknesses from their SC days. Maybe he can get JT squared away.

This tweet is still interesting:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Last year's game still irks me. We made Doege look like a Heisman contender that game.
Keep in mind that the B12 refs were not enforcing the rules with respect to the stadium sound system. It was a free for all nightmare with respect to amplified noise. Typical WVU.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Is he any good? I worry about WVU waking up at some point. I think they've got all the tools to be really successful, but haven't put it together yet. Surely he's better than Doege?
Matt Campbell at the 2022 B12 Conference: “Well, part of our job is to develop, so that is still a part of the coaching model. I think one thing that we believed is recruit, retain and develop. I think for us, we've been really fortunate that you look at our last couple quarterbacks, Kyle Kempt was kind of an unheard of football player that kind of came and patiently sat and waited his opportunity. When his opportunity came, he made the most of it. Brock Purdy really kind of took over in the same vein a little bit. He got his opportunity, his moment, he took advantage of it, and then really got better with it and really shined for our program."

I assume this is a dig at West Virginia, Oklahoma (and the Spencer Rattler situation) and a few other schools. Great talent is hard to get. Upgrading great talent CAN be even harder to support. Glad ISU has shown steady development in QB talent.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Matt Campbell at the 2022 B12 Conference: “Well, part of our job is to develop, so that is still a part of the coaching model. I think one thing that we believed is recruit, retain and develop. I think for us, we've been really fortunate that you look at our last couple quarterbacks, Kyle Kempt was kind of an unheard of football player that kind of came and patiently sat and waited his opportunity. When his opportunity came, he made the most of it. Brock Purdy really kind of took over in the same vein a little bit. He got his opportunity, his moment, he took advantage of it, and then really got better with it and really shined for our program."

I assume this is a dig at West Virginia, Oklahoma (and the Spencer Rattler situation) and a few other schools. Great talent is hard to get. Upgrading great talent CAN be even harder to support. Glad ISU has shown steady development in QB talent.
I don't think so, considering the statement was in response to a question about why Hunter Dekkers was the QB instead of a newcomer. It was a stupid question to begin with because it assumes Dekkers must not be any good if he couldn't start right away and completely ignores the fact that he was behind a 4-year starter.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Last year's game still irks me. We made Doege look like a Heisman contender that game.
We need to win at home this year! Don't dislike WV football or coach per se, that much. Don't really like their BB program though. So I for one, hope for payback. Need every home win we can get.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron