JTS Improvements - Want More

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Can't they "single source" or "preferred vendor" this thing?? Likelihood is 99.9% it will be awarded to Daktronics anyway...
I am going to guess there is a fair bit of customization with these things and they are fairly one off builds. My guess is when you go to a place like Daktronics, you dont just "take one off the shelf". They must be designed then built for the use. And I am sure they arent built overnight, not to mention I am sure we are not the only ones wanting new equipment in the country/world, so we will have to wait our turn in line etc.

Reactions: cy4state

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just took a quick look at the CyTown construction cam. Hadn’t checked for a while, is the project on pause for now? Had to look to make sure it wasn’t lunch time.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Is some parking being added just to the west of University but east of JTS, or is that some other general upgrade going into that space? I believe it is crrently a retention area.
Good catch. I wonder if that will be another High Donor lot, Since it's right next to 85E.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Soooo when does the first business/restaurant open if all goes to plan?
I'm not sure about timeline, but I believe the first business to open is supposed to be a sports medicine clinic.

I love that that's coming so close to our facilities, but really wish they could have figured out a way to put that next to the SPC and keep CyTown purely for the fans. Especially since the renderings show it in one of the primo end cap spots that have an unfettered view of JTS. Those spots should be two story bar/restaurants with rooftop seating to maximize the gameday party vibe.

Reactions: cytor

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I'm not sure about timeline, but I believe the first business to open is supposed to be a sports medicine clinic.

I love that that's coming so close to our facilities, but really wish they could have figured out a way to put that next to the SPC and keep CyTown purely for the fans. Especially since the renderings show it in one of the primo end cap spots that have an unfettered view of JTS. Those spots should be two story bar/restaurants with rooftop seating to maximize the gameday party vibe.

Yes, McFarland Clinic breaks ground next summer on the anchor spot but I have no idea when that will be done, I assume before 2025 season. I agree, it sucks it’s on the stadium side corner of the project. Nothing like gameday on a rooftop training table.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Is some parking being added just to the west of University but east of JTS, or is that some other general upgrade going into that space? I believe it is crrently a retention area.

Good catch. I wonder if that will be another High Donor lot, Since it's right next to 85E.

I thought I saw somewhere that that area was going to be used/dug out for a water retention area. But I am not sure, and cant remember which map I saw that on.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Yes, McFarland Clinic breaks ground next summer on the anchor spot but I have no idea when that will be done, I assume before 2025 season. I agree, it sucks it’s on the stadium side corner of the project. Nothing like gameday on a rooftop training table.
but imagine how hype it's gonna be to get your annual prostate exam in the shadow of jack trice

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron