Jurassic World (June 2015)

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Let me get this straight.
You don't have a problem with reconstituting a dinosaur from DNA in the blood from stomachs of mosquitos that were trapped in amber for millions of years, but you have a huge problem with a girl running in heels?
Can we have a frank discussion here about relative unlikelihoods?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
You don't have a problem with reconstituting a dinosaur from DNA in the blood from stomachs of mosquitos that were trapped in amber for millions of years, but you have a huge problem with a girl running in heels?

If I had a problem with the first part I wouldn't be watching the movies. I just think the running around the forest and then away from a t-rex all in heels is dumb that's all. I wasn't talking about the probability of either of them happening. It was just a minor thing that I noticed and really didn't detract much from my enjoyment. Just my opinion, sorry that I seemed to have upset you.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

If I have to suspend a little belief for dinosaurs I also have to suspend belief about women's feet and shoes? weird correlation.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Same deal with the Walking Dead, heated debates on where they can still find diapers, no question as to why there are zombies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It is funny the little things that people get hung up on, but I get it. There are almost always some ridiculous premises you have to accept when watching Sci-fi, but a certain lack of detail makes it seem sloppy and poorly thought out.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Same deal with the Walking Dead, heated debates on where they can still find diapers, no question as to why there are zombies.

Every college student knows that the zombie apocalypse is not a matter of if but rather when; every parent knows that running out of diapers is the only possible thing that could be worse.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
It is funny the little things that people get hung up on, but I get it. There are almost always some ridiculous premises you have to accept when watching Sci-fi, but a certain lack of detail makes it seem sloppy and poorly thought out.

This exactly. Just seemed weird to be running around in heels.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
When they had that conversation about her heels and the camera panned to the ground I totally thought it was gonna end on her heels that she had taken off.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
This was a fun movie. I'll watch it again for sure.

Chris Pratt trains dino's = believable
Woman runs in heels = GTFOH!

Also, teenager in 2015 can fix a jeep sitting for 20 years. That's less believable. The kid didn't even refasten the hood. Rant over.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This was a fun movie. I'll watch it again for sure.

Chris Pratt trains dino's = believable
Woman runs in heels = GTFOH!

Also, teenager in 2015 can fix a jeep sitting for 20 years. That's less believable. The kid didn't even refasten the hood. Rant over.

In defense of Bryce Dallas Howard - I saw an interview with her, and she said she trained for that - ankle strengthening exercise and lots of practice so that she could run without falling down and looking stupid. You should see her calf muscles when she flexes them...dancers' legs. Ever looked at a ballet dancer's legs? They do all kinds of crap on just their toes.

However, I'm pretty sure the heels were lower during some of the action sequences.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Want to see this movie badly, but am always scared to see any of the blockbuster action flicks anymore ever since they've all turned into some form of ridiculously over-the-top CGI ******* matches. No joke, Michael Bay has been the worst thing to ever happen to action movies. Now don't get me wrong, I'm okay with some level of CGI, and I realize that a movie like Jurassic World is going to require some level of it, but the extent of it is key. I'm just done watching blockbusters that seem to be one continuous out-of-this world impossible action scene, where there seems to be a contest as to how many things they can blow up. This is all while laughing at the idea of any type of plot. With that said, for those who have seen this, am I going to be disappointed yet again?

P.S. Apologize for the rant. Maybe the 20th last straw for me was when Michael Bay absolutely pulverized my beloved TMNT franchise to a lifeless pulp and I'm still licking my wounds.

The Hobbit movies are a perfect example of this. Some of the scenes in that seem like the only point is to go crazy with CGI.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Hobbit movies are a perfect example of this. Some of the scenes in that seem like the only point is to go crazy with CGI.

Haven't seen the Hobbit movies but I'd almost find some movies to be more fun if they found an interesting way to have the special effects be rubber suits, etc. like the older movies.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
In defense of Bryce Dallas Howard - I saw an interview with her, and she said she trained for that - ankle strengthening exercise and lots of practice so that she could run without falling down and looking stupid. You should see her calf muscles when she flexes them...dancers' legs. Ever looked at a ballet dancer's legs? They do all kinds of crap on just their toes.

However, I'm pretty sure the heels were lower during some of the action sequences.

There has been some discussion in less populous corners of the Internet lately on whether ballet is "a sport." Maybe it isn't a sport, but goddamn the things they can do are amazing. They are definitely athletes.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Went to see it last night. Glad I did, it was awesome. Very good sequel to the original Jurassic Park.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
My girlfriend pointed this out the other night...

Progression of Jurracis Park Movies - Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2, Jurassic Park 3, Jurassic World

Progression of Mario games - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy

The only logical assumption here is that next we can expect Jurassic Park Galaxy featuring genetically engineered dinosaurs in space!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
My girlfriend pointed this out the other night...

Progression of Jurracis Park Movies - Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2, Jurassic Park 3, Jurassic World

Progression of Mario games - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy

The only logical assumption here is that next we can expect Jurassic Park Galaxy featuring genetically engineered dinosaurs in space!

I can fully get behind this. Chris Pratt has that role handled. Intergalactic outlaw and a dinosaur trainer? Just take my money now.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I imagine it going something like this..

spacedinosaurs.jpg

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
There has been some discussion in less populous corners of the Internet lately on whether ballet is "a sport." Maybe it isn't a sport, but goddamn the things they can do are amazing. They are definitely athletes.

Nothing where success is determined by a judge is a sport.