J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Provided we get Hadley, whats the play for the final opening? If we got another legit post that is where does that leave a player like Watson, being that there likely wont be playing time at either forward position available. If we dont get another PF with height, we will run out 6'6, Watson 6'7 and Mom at 6'8.
William Kyle is the focus but he’s still also exploring other options right now

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Provided we get Hadley, whats the play for the final opening? If we got another legit post that is where does that leave a player like Watson, being that there likely wont be playing time at either forward position available. If we dont get another PF with height, we will run out 6'6, Watson 6'7 and Mom at 6'8.

If Watson keeps improving I think he plays somewhere somehow with his length and athleticism. He could be the athletic wing we need and it wouldn't shock me. He has not exactly failed shooting the ball the times he's had the green light and tried to shoot it. We know he plays tough defense.

If nothing else maybe it changes the strategy when someone picks up their second foul in first half or third early second half.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
To be honest, I don’t know why he hasn’t announced it yet, he’s been silently committed for a while (something I don’t understand doing) but I think we’ll probably hear him make it public by Tuesday or Wednesday

Hopefully just keeping a target off our roster

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
So if we somehow pull in Kyle as well as Hadley you have to start wondering who will be starting next fall? would it be Lipsey / Gilbert / Milan / Kyle / Jackson with CJones / Heise / Hadley / Watson / JT Rock as subs? That seems like a really deep team. Would Hadley come off the bench? Plus C Jones was almost our best player those last 10-15 games at the end of the year. It feels like he deserves starter minutes if not to start.

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
"Exploring other options"
Looking for someone to add an additional 0 to the end of his NIL?
I can’t confirm if that’s the exact reason or not, but from what I’m hearing he wants to make sure he’s doing all of his due diligence before committing somewhere. He knows he can be special next year, wherever he goes

However, he is visiting ISU after the dead period, so IMO, we can probably uncap our sharpies at this point

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I can’t confirm if that’s the exact reason or not, but from what I’m hearing he wants to make sure he’s doing all of his due diligence before committing somewhere. He knows he can be special next year, wherever he goes

However, he is visiting ISU after the dead period, so IMO, we can probably uncap our sharpies at this point
SIAP, but when does the dead period end?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Does the dead period ending mean it opens back up or more announcements take place?
means coaches can go visit recruits and recruits can come to campus. Right now they've only been able to contact them over the phone. (April 4-9)

portal has been open.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone and madguy30

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
i wanna say tomorrow but could be wrong

EDIT: its tomorrow @ noon.

April 4 – 9 (noon), 2024: Recruiting/contact period
I was only interested in the

DIVISION I WOMEN’S BEACH VOLLEYBALL RECRUITING CALENDAR.​

But thanks anyway.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
To be honest, I don’t know why he hasn’t announced it yet, he’s been silently committed for a while (something I don’t understand doing) but I think we’ll probably hear him make it public by Tuesday or Wednesday
I was told Hadley wanted to wait to announce his commitment until after the national championship so tomorrow? we could/should see his commitment