J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
For anyone needing a recap of this thread

A Lebron/D-Wade hybrid whispered quietly to TJ he was committed, but he had his fingers crossed behind his back and actually isn’t committed and won’t be coming to Iowa State.

Sounds like we’re settling for a Luol Deng/D-Rose hybrid, pre-2nd ACL tear, but likely post-1st ACL tear

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Half million is certainly not an exaggeration. That’s what we’re up against for high level portal players this year.
I imagine it also gets very tricky on what the current players are receiving. In other words, how could you explain to certain individuals who on your roster that you are going to bring someone in and give them more. I personally would not want to be part of that conversation. Consequently, even if ISU could afford a player like Hadley, I would imagine that you have to consider what your current players are receiving.

Last edited:

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
The system is broken at this point. I’ll keep contributing, but us smaller donors start to wonder how much benefit we are having.

Two things that would help:

1. Get JP to sell Ames Lager in JT and Hilton.
2. Get Ames Lager to distribute to other cities with Cyclone fans. KC, Minneapolis, St. Louis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Hadley would be a good add but the portal has another 30 dudes with his skill set. Not worried about it to much. On to the next guy

There aren’t many other players of his profile. An elite efficiency player and top contributor on a good P6 team, one that can play 2-4.

And the few comparable, we have little chance of landing/affording

We had an “in” with Hadley, with him being teammates/cousins with CuJo and from St Paul. It was hopefully going to work because of a discount due to that.

We’ll have to project guys- find the unproven, Indian Hills version of Hadley

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The system is broken at this point. I’ll keep contributing, but us smaller donors start to wonder how much benefit we are having.

Two things that would help:

1. Get JP to sell Ames Lager in JT and Hilton.
2. Get Ames Lager to distribute to other cities with Cyclone fans. KC, Minneapolis, St. Louis
We're still going to have a top 10 roster going into next year. Hadley is a top 10 portal guy. Those are always going to be tough for ISU to land, but TJ can still get the players he needs to have a damn good team. Coaching and culture still matter a lot.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I imagine it also gets very tricky on what the current players are receiving. In other words, how could you explain to certain who on your roster that you are going to bring someone in and give them more. I personally would not want to be part of that conversation. Consequently, even if ISU could afford a player like Hadley, I would imagine that you have to consider what your current players are receiving.
Exactly right. A good way to kiss team chemistry good bye from the jump. Onward and upward. Cant blame the kid if its life changing money. I would do the exact same thing. Id imagine he gave us an opportunity to try and match the offer. Just not in the cards.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Give those minutes to Nojus Indrusaitis. I understand we are "all-in" for a Final 4 run next year but lets continue to invest in the future at the same time. Prep recruits need to continue to be the foundation. Developmental program. Indrusaitis is a stud could very well have a Momcilovic type impact his freshman year.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Give those minutes to Nojus Indrusaitis. I understand we are "all-in" for a Final 4 run next year but let’s continue to invest in the future at the same time. Prep recruits need to continue to be the foundation. Developmental program. Indrusaitis is a stud could very well have a Momcilovic type impact his freshman year.
Nojus could play 15-20 mins for us next year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron