J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Clearly we are talking revenue sports.
So ISU hasn’t sent someone to the NBA in 4 years, might as well shutter the program right? You realize how stupid that comment is. Half the programs just shouldn’t exist by your metrics

Reactions: Cydkar

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Institute a salary cap
That's not something that can just happen in a vacuum. A salary cap requires collective bargaining which comes with organized labor. You don't just get to cap compensation because you want to. That's blatantly anticompetitive.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So ISU hasn’t sent someone to the NBA in 4 years, might as well shutter the program right? You realize how stupid that comment is. Half the programs just shouldn’t exist by your metrics
You are intentionally going to logical extremes to justify a system that is not about academics.

• Disagree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I agree you don't have anything useful.

Is whining about an emoji useful?

I mean, you claim i'm following you around dumbing you, so i decided to pull receipts because i'm bored.

Since march 10, my interactions with you have been:
One 'haha' today (in response to you claiming i'm following you around)
One 'dumb' today
One 'dumb last friday
One joking 'optimistic' on march 21
One 'disagree' on selection sunday.

Do tell, Is that "following you around dumbing you"?

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Omaha did. We have a lot of pluses to sell a kid on, especially along the development and prep for the NBA side of things. If a kid knows he won't play in the NBA, he'd be stupid not to follow the NIL money. If he has aspirations of the NBA, development, playing time, etc all become big factors.
But all those things can come with the NIL money too. It's not one or the other.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Building off my post here. Just stop with the Name Image Likeness label. There are maybe three players deserving of true NIL money in the entire NCAA: Caitlin Clark, Caleb Williams and Shedur Sanders. Everyone else is just getting paid to get paid, not because they can bring in marketing dollars on their NIL.
Good to see that Shedeur finally went to his first in-person class while at CU!! Man, I went to college about 40 years to soon. I was a very sporadic at hitting campus my senior year and still have a reoccurring nightmare of showing up to my TranLog final at the wrong time, preventing my graduation!

Wonder how common this is among modern student-athletes and general student population. Glad Shedeur has been able to monetize his college academic experience by making a YouTube video;)

University of Colorado quarterback Shedeur Sanders attended an in-person lecture on campus for the first time recently, more than a year after he enrolled as a student, according to a video posted to his YouTube channel Wednesday.

The video shows him being trailed by videographers as he enters a chemistry class in Boulder, then causing a quiet stir during the lecture as some fellow students notice him and the cameras.

“Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been to one in-person class?” Sanders says in the video after leaving the lecture hall.

His nine-minute video is entitled, "Shedeur Sanders Attends In-Person Lecture For First Time."

Shedeur Goes to Class

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Good to see that Shedeur finally went to his first in-person class while at CU!! Man, I went to college about 40 years to soon. I was a very sporadic at hitting campus my senior year and still have a reoccurring nightmare of showing up to my TranLog final at the wrong time, preventing my graduation!

Wonder how common this is among modern student-athletes and general student population. Glad Shedeur has been able to monetize his college academic experience by making a YouTube video;)

University of Colorado quarterback Shedeur Sanders attended an in-person lecture on campus for the first time recently, more than a year after he enrolled as a student, according to a video posted to his YouTube channel Wednesday.

The video shows him being trailed by videographers as he enters a chemistry class in Boulder, then causing a quiet stir during the lecture as some fellow students notice him and the cameras.

“Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been to one in-person class?” Sanders says in the video after leaving the lecture hall.

His nine-minute video is entitled, "Shedeur Sanders Attends In-Person Lecture For First Time."

Shedeur Goes to Class
My first degree was transportation and logistics, class of 1991.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
You are not being intellectually honest with this claim. The only reason college sports are around is for feeder leagues for the pros. Quit pretending this is about education.
You are definitely not the parent of two daughters that played college sports at a high level, one of them 3 sports. They played from 2 reasons, the sense of accomplishment and the help it gave them towards tuition. Don't believe it is all about the money except to a very few, possibly.

• Winner
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Is whining about an emoji useful?

I mean, you claim i'm following you around dumbing you, so i decided to pull receipts because i'm bored.

Since march 10, my interactions with you have been:
One 'haha' today (in response to you claiming i'm following you around)
One 'dumb' today
One 'dumb last friday
One joking 'optimistic' on march 21
One 'disagree' on selection sunday.

Do tell, Is that "following you around dumbing you"?
Little sensitive are ya?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You are definitely not the parent of two daughters that played college sports at a high level, one of them 3 sports. They played from 2 reasons, the sense of accomplishment and the help it gave them towards tuition. Don't believe it is all about the money except to a very few, possibly.
I am the father of a current d1 athlete. College sports has gone off the rails. It isn't even a debate.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Shedeur Goes to Class
Many students aren't going to in person classes. He isn't doing anything inherently wrong if CU allows him to take online classes.

Reactions: Drew0311

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
My first degree was transportation and logistics, class of 1991.
My problem was TransLog (an elective) with Professor Powers was at 8am and his lectures didn't cover anything outside the text book.

Didn't work well for someone who woke up in time for lunch:rolleyes:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Many students aren't going to in person classes. He isn't doing anything inherently wrong if CU allows him to take online classes.
Didn't say he is doing anything wrong. Just the college experience has changed. But I would question if the college experience, without stepping on campus is a good thing!

And it's absolutely comical that he made a YouTube video of the experience attending his first in-person class. Wonder if he took a person with him to make the video?

Reactions: pourcyne

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Didn't say he is doing anything wrong. Just the college experience has changed. But I would question if the college experience, without stepping on campus is a good thing!

And it's absolutely comical that he made a YouTube video of the experience attending his first in-person class. Wonder if he took a person with him to make the video?
No. I wasn't indicating you were. Just articulating how education in the classroom has changed.

Aug 20, 2012
Then that’s not college athletics anymore and you are failing thousands of kids. There is zero chance the academic requirement is going away, that option has never even been floated.
‘ “Buck, I'm not going to waste any words, because there isn't much time. This offer won't be open many more days. Maybe it'll be off tomorrow. It's all up to the alumni," he lied.

"Uh-huh," said Buck.

"I'm prepared to offer you thirty thousand, Buck, six hundred a week, all year round, startin' tomorrow. What do you say?"

Young's Adam's apple bobbed. He cleared his throat. "Every week?" he asked faintly.

“That's how much we think of you, boy. Don't sell yourself short."

"And I could study, too? You'd give me time off for classes and study?"

Roseberry frowned. "Well - there's some pretty stiff rulings about that. You can't play college football, and go to school. They tried that once, and you know what a silly mess that was."

Buck ran his blunt fingers through his hair. "Golly, I dunno. That's a lot of money, but my family'd be awful surprised and disappointed. I mean -"

"I'm not askin' it for me, Buck! Think of your schoolmates. You want them to lose a game this year?"

"No," he murmured.

"Thirty-five grand, Buck." ‘

Kurt Vonnegut, “Player Piano” - 1952

——-

All of Chapter Twenty-Eight is gold:

I’d forgotten the 31-year-old Cornell lineman the coach was preparing to sell to Harvard was named Purdy.

Last edited: