K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Did I miss something? Why did the Host thread get merged with the Ireland thread?

Yeah, that was clearly an erroneous merge.

And there are 2 threads on the Ireland thing, but one is a premium board thread so it wouldnt make sense to merge.

Reactions: OldCurmudgeon

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.

Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.

Well for as many time outs and game breaks there are, it might help the time go faster in the stadium.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Have you ever actually met the guy? He's a straight up awesome human. I was at an ISU tailgate before the game in Akron back in '17, and he was just tailgating with that group, doing his thing, and was just a hoot.

A good buddy of mine worked in his department years ago and said he was pretty sure that he was forced to do those crowd cheers and knew it was completely cheesy. But that was also the birth of "Cyclone Power" too.

I'm a long ways from a big donor, he might not know my name but recognizes me from years of meeting him in Kansas City and Ames and just making a few minutes small talk. Him and his wife are very nice people.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.

Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.
Where’s Tron at?

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Just having a hard time seeing who this game beneifts.

Do the media partners benefit? ISU KSU odd choice. Maybe nobody else will go over.? Football across the pond has a worse chance of catching on than big 12 Mexico.. if that’s possible.

Big 12 — do we get bigger media payout for this? Is the game a national prime time game?

ISU— seems like a nightmare for actual football performance, travel, logistics… ect.

KSU — losses a home game and $ that come with it. For a game between two rabid fan bases 230 miles apart that would pack the house.

I guess the 2000 people who wanted an excuse to go to Ireland benefit.

I guess it’s an “experience” for the players, don’t see how you can spin this to win any recruits or anything.

Yes, it would be a cool experience for the very small # of people who would attend, not questioning that.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just having a hard time seeing who this game beneifts.

Do the media partners benefit? ISU KSU odd choice. Maybe nobody else will go over.? Football across the pond has a worse chance of catching on than big 12 Mexico.. if that’s possible.

Big 12 — do we get bigger media payout for this? Is the game a national prime time game?

ISU— seems like a nightmare for actual football performance, travel, logistics… ect.

KSU — losses a home game and $ that come with it. For a game between two rabid fan bases 230 miles apart that would pack the house.

I guess the 2000 people who wanted an excuse to go to Ireland benefit.

I guess it’s an “experience” for the players, don’t see how you can spin this to win any recruits or anything.

Yes, it would be a cool experience for the very small # of people who would attend, not questioning that.

I don’t think it’s prime time. But it’s a week with maybe 3 other games so it grabs a lot of attention.

I don’t think it’s a huge deal but it’s definitely not a bad thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I don’t think it’s prime time. But it’s a week with maybe 3 other games so it grabs a lot of attention.

I don’t think it’s a huge deal but it’s definitely not a bad thing.
2022 Nebraska vs Northwestern in Ireland drew 4.4m viewers on Fox

For comp - 2023 cyhawk game on Fox drew 3.3

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Unfortunately we will 100% lose because we are always bad the first 3 weeks of the year...lol