Kamari Cotton-Moya transferring?

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I'm not sure if the rumor is true, but I heard he is thinking about graduating and transferring

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Yeah red shirts are becoming more worthless as good talent transfers.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Gosh i hope not. But sometimes guys just need or want a change of scenery. I wouldn't want to have to learn a completely new system, especially after just doing so last season.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Posted this in the 2017 schedule thread. I have also heard this is a very realistic possibility.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
The rumor has it that he wants to play somewhere closer to where his young child lives.
If that's the case, just graduate with your degree and move on from football. I'll be the first here to say the Kamari isn't an NFL-caliber player at this time. Why waste a year going back to school just to relearn another new football system and put in all of that effort (maybe he'd be going for an advanced degree?)... Just go where you want to go, be with your family, take your fresh, new degree and enter the workforce, and live a happy life. I suppose it's totally possible that he really enjoys playing football enough to move home and try to continue it, though.

Safe to assume you don't have kids? Or at least have never had to experience them growing up from afar?

That's correct. Personally to me, this idea doesn't sound all that appealing, but to each their own. If he wants to do that, he should.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If that's the case, just graduate with your degree and move on from football. I'll be the first here to say the Kamari isn't an NFL-caliber player. Why waste a year going back to school just to relearn another new football system and put in all of that effort... Just go where you want to go, be with your family, take your fresh, new degree and enter the workforce, and live a happy life.
Maybe a graduate degree is a possibility? I have no idea what he is studying or how good of a student he is.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Maybe a graduate degree is a possibility? I have no idea what he is studying or how good of a student he is.
That was another thought I had. If he genuinely wants to continue his education, then this move does start to make more sense.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Maybe he is tired of playing with a losing team.
That may be, but it'll be a stretch for him to transfer to a school that's better than ISU and still get more playing time/find success on the field for himself. Depends what his specific goals are. However, if wins and losses matter, I'd be more concerned with why he has stayed here as long as he has in the first place.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
That may be, but it'll be a stretch for him to transfer to a school that's better than ISU and still get more playing time/find success on the field for himself. Depends what his specific goals are. However, if wins and losses matter, I'd be more concerned with why he has stayed here as long as he has in the first place.

Jordan Harris transferred to Louisiana Tech, led the team in tackles and is going to play in a bowl this month. Kamari isn't going to transfer to USC but it's not cray to think he couldn't transfer to a school like Cal, UCLA or UNLV

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
If that's the case, just graduate with your degree and move on from football. I'll be the first here to say the Kamari isn't an NFL-caliber player at this time. Why waste a year going back to school just to relearn another new football system and put in all of that effort (maybe he'd be going for an advanced degree?)... Just go where you want to go, be with your family, take your fresh, new degree and enter the workforce, and live a happy life. I suppose it's totally possible that he really enjoys playing football enough to move home and try to continue it, though.

That's correct. Personally to me, this idea doesn't sound all that appealing, but to each their own. If he wants to do that, he should.

That was another thought I had. If he genuinely wants to continue his education, then this move does start to make more sense.

I think any of these are a real possibility that he can't really be faulted for. Whether he plays in Ames or elsewhere next fall, he'll still likely at least workout at a Pro Day and gauge interest from teams when he's done. He's studying criminal justice and has said many times that he wants to return to Bakersfield and work in criminal justice or social work to be a positive role model for the kids growing up there because he didn't always have that positive role model in that community. Maybe he wants to get the MSW degree. Maybe he wants to go back and be a police officer or another similar role that lets him be around teenagers and make a difference.

Reactions: RedBlooded

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
If he is transferring to be closer to his kid, you can't fault him for it but hope he stays. If our offense can at least be slightly better but have a much improved defense, ISU will turn some heads next season.