NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The only people shocked by Reid struggling are the people who bought the hype in the first place. This guy has proven for a couple decades who he is, he isn't going to change, he isn't going to win when things get tough or when the games start to matter. His greatest skill is molding good assistants who end up being better coaches than him.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
But he was limited in those games, too. Even before the knee injury you could tell the ankle issue was taking away his scrambling ability. He's still good just staying in the pocket, but he's at his MVP best when he gets on the move and forces the secondary to try and cover all those receivers.
This is the problem though. He has to be 100% for them to be good. If they could pound the ball and play a little defense they wouldn't always be so dependent on Mahomes throwing for 400yds and 5 tds. The Chiefs are a one-dimensional team.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This is the problem though. He has to be 100% for them to be good. If they could pound the ball and play a little defense they wouldn't always be so dependent on Mahomes throwing for 400yds and 5 tds. The Chiefs are a one-dimensional team.

Well, yeah. I can't argue with the roster construction. They're a little like the Peyton Manning-era Colts. It's all riding on one guy. But if you're going to be one-dimensional that's a pretty good one to be. The league has yet to solve Mahomes when he's at 100%.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
giphy.gif

Reactions: Macloney

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
This team is a dumpster fire. Not sure they win that game even with Mahomes playing. 3rd straight team comes into Arrowhead and punches them right in the mouth. It's embarrassing. I don't care if he goes 12-4 every year, he'll never win a big game.
Circa 2011-2012, Philadelphia. Maybe KC can hire Chip Kelly?

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
As a Packers fan, I was pretty impressed with the Chiefs last night. They have a lot of playmakers on offense and their pass rush was making Rodgers uncomfortable all night. He bailed himself out with a few crazy throws and a lot of YAC from his pass catchers.

I think KC will still be a threat in the AFC this year. Not sure if they’ll beat the Pats (or anyone else will) but they will be a factor when Mahomes is back and healthy. If he plays this weekend, I think they will beat the Vikings.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

lol this is fantastic.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
They’re still good with ******* Matt Moore, plus many other backups. They need Mahomes healthy to be a title contender. Welcome to the NFL. Nearly all teams need their starting QB.

Without Reid, including his impact on getting guys like Mahomes and Kelsey, the Chiefs are far more likely to be worse than better. Probably another forgettable also-ran like the Titans, continually searching for a QB.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
They’re still good with ******* Matt Moore, plus many other backups. They need Mahomes healthy to be a title contender. Welcome to the NFL. Nearly all teams need their starting QB.

Without Reid, including his impact on getting guys like Mahomes and Kelsey, the Chiefs are far more likely to be worse than better. Probably another forgettable also-ran like the Titans, continually searching for a QB.

Exactly, the years from Vermeil to Reid were almost all awful. Trotting out also ran QBs with no offensive identity except to run Larry Johnson into the ground. There was a playoff year here and there, but always by the skin of their teeth. I mean you could be the Raiders...