For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Holy crap! That ending was nuts and totally forgot that's how that might end. I literally have the issue that comes after that event in the comics still in my collection. Lineup on the base was almost completely different than the show, so maybe that why I wasn't expecting it.
Finally caught up. Binge watched episodes 5-8 in one afternoon.

Animated or not, this has been one of the most captivating series I’ve seen in a long time. There’s nostalgia, stakes, real & flawed characters the audience cares about, and exciting action scenes. It’s been better than I could have hoped for.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I mean, it DOES spark my interest a bit. Hopefully the do a good job.

It sparks my interest, but I will forever always be skeptical of ANYTHING Amy Pascal produces. The fact that Lord and Miller are involved also is the only thing giving me some hope.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Lord and Miller have a ton of fun in their work. Ill give them the benefit. Nick Cage is campy as hell and Im here for it.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The good news about Cage is that he's a big comics guy that will try to get the character right. Ghost Rider wasn't great, but it had it's moments I guess (it's been a while since I watched it)

This will probably be one of those shows that I stumble onto late late at night while my wife's asleep and watch it for awhile. I have to be more selective with super hero content so I don't completely lose her interest in the genre. I put her through the ringer with Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Echo and I don't knw that she trusts me any more!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The good news about Cage is that he's a big comics guy that will try to get the character right. Ghost Rider wasn't great, but it had it's moments I guess (it's been a while since I watched it)

This will probably be one of those shows that I stumble onto late late at night while my wife's asleep and watch it for awhile. I have to be more selective with super hero content so I don't completely lose her interest in the genre. I put her through the ringer with Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Echo and I don't knw that she trusts me any more!

Yeah, those were 3 rough ones

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
MGM+ domestically? Ya, as entertaining as this may be, not signing up for another streaming service

I watch their show "From" its awesome, but when I sign up for MGM+, I do it via Amazon Prime and when they have specials. Amazon manages that sub for me until I cancel it after the binge.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I optimistic about Ironheart and Daredevil BA. I'm ready for some street-level superhero stories versus the cosmic and multiverse threats that really render 90% of heroes useless. I hope the budget and writing are up to the task.

As far as Agatha, I'll probably watch it, but I am keeping expectations in check. I think Katheryn Hahn is fine in the role. I just wonder what the approach is going to be for the plot theme. Serious? Quirky? A mix of both? And with Scaret Witch gone, is there a real threat if Agatha regains her powers? Or will they cough up some multiverse version of Scarlet Witch if needed? (please no)

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I optimistic about Ironheart and Daredevil BA. I'm ready for some street-level superhero stories versus the cosmic and multiverse threats that really render 90% of heroes useless. I hope the budget and writing are up to the task.

As far as Agatha, I'll probably watch it, but I am keeping expectations in check. I think Katheryn Hahn is fine in the role. I just wonder what the approach is going to be for the plot theme. Serious? Quirky? A mix of both? And with Scaret Witch gone, is there a real threat if Agatha regains her powers? Or will they cough up some multiverse version of Scarlet Witch if needed? (please no)

I'm actually the opposite of you on Ironheart and Agatha. I have nearly zero interest in Ironheart, which I found her to be the worst shoehorned part of Black Panther 2. I've never been the biggest fan of derivative characters either. As for Agatha, I thought she was one of the best parts of Wandavision. She also is by herself in that witchcraft corner of the MCU, which has still largely gone untapped until this point. To me, that represents way more potential than Ironheart does. Anyway, just my two cents.

Last edited:

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I'm actually the opposite of you on Ironheart and Agatha. I have nearly zero interest in Ironheart, which I found her to be the worst shoehorned part of Black Panther 2. I've never been the biggest fan of derivative characters either. As for Agatha, I thought she was one of the best parts of Wandavision. She also is by herself in that witchcraft corner of the MCU, which has still largely gone untapped until this point. To me, that represents way more potential than Ironheart does. Anyway, just my two cents.
Mostly agree with this. Agatha is more of that supernatural side of Marvel that I dig, which can get us back to characters like Ghost Rider and Midnight Sons.

Something tells me Ironheart is being built as the Ironlad replacement for Young Avengers. I don't think audiences would get on board with the whole, he's a version of Kang from the future that hasn't become a villain yet.

Reactions: Triggermv

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm honestly shocked they didn't just scrap Ironheart and take the tax write off. They might still do that if it doesn't get viewership on D+ (E.G. Willow)

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
For someone not invested in the comics side of things, is the Ironheart story not compelling? I was viewing it as more of a 'friendly neighborhood Iron Man' starting out, without the financial resources of Tony Stark. Gauging from the initial comments, I feel like I'm way off base.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
For someone not invested in the comics side of things, is the Ironheart story not compelling? I was viewing it as more of a 'friendly neighborhood Iron Man' starting out, without the financial resources of Tony Stark. Gauging from the initial comments, I feel like I'm way off base.

I personally don't know much about her from the comics. All I know is that the version of the character introduced in Black Panther 2 just didn't really interest me at all to the point where I could care less if I see her in somebody else's show or movie again, much less her own series. Agatha is the total opposite for me and I'm all in. Granted, I'm also somebody who is probably in the top 5% of how much I LOVED Wandavision. On the flip side, I only found Black Panther 2 to be pretty meh. A decent amount of that meh came from the major fail in my mind of Marvel Studios not recasting T'Challa. Again, this is all just me.

• Agree
Reactions: flander1649