NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Like this move. Feel like Chiefs will make really good use of him.
If anyone can, it's KC. But his career has been pretty disappointing so far. He's got great physical tools.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
So far, the Chiefs have managed their cap problem very well, never thought they could come up with the money for Jones, but if I had to choose between Jones and Sneed, I will take Jones every day of the week. It's just more difficult to replace a dominate Dlineman than a corner. Trade Sneed for a 2nd round pick and then let's go get a WR and a Tackle and then depth in the draft.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Any chance the Chiefs sign Mike Williams after the Chargers just cut him? Coming off an injury season. You would think he would come cheap
No one comes cheap anymore. It's a myth.

According to Spotrac, here are the available WR and their market value (avg annual salary) :
Calvin Ridley $17.5M
Marquis Brown $14.8M
Odell Beckham Jr $11.9M
Curtis Samuel $11.5M
Michael Thomas $9.2M

Marquis Brown is the youngest of that group. Where do Mike Williams and Hunter Renfrow compare? Darnell Mooney and Gabe Davis got $13M aas.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Any chance the Chiefs sign Mike Williams after the Chargers just cut him? Coming off an injury season. You would think he would come cheap
Yeah, you wonder if they could do some kind of Smith-Schuster type deal where it is like a 3 million dollar deal but just loaded with incentives. I think he ended up around 8-9 mill that year.

Reactions: CloneIce

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
No one comes cheap anymore. It's a myth.

According to Spotrac, here are the available WR and their market value (avg annual salary) :
Calvin Ridley $17.5M
Marquis Brown $14.8M
Odell Beckham Jr $11.9M
Curtis Samuel $11.5M
Michael Thomas $9.2M

Marquis Brown is the youngest of that group. Where do Mike Williams and Hunter Renfrow compare? Darnell Mooney and Gabe Davis got $13M aas.
Cheap is a relative term anymore. You have to get one of these guys to take less money for the opportunity to win a championship, maybe a player like Williams or Renfrow would be willing to take a one year deal at a base rate of 2.5 to 3.0 million to play with Mahomes and win a title.

Reactions: Halincandenza

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Saints just cut Michael Thomas in a move that surprised no one. At one point in his career I would have liked to see him in a KC uni, but now i think this is it for him most likely