NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Looks like the Chiefs still have a little over $16 million in cap space, but we still have to sign Sneed or work out a trade. Still need a WR, figure out what we are going to do with the offensive tackles and depth. This is going to be an interesting draft.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Signing Brown is a huge boost at WR. Hoping they can still find another WR in the draft with this only being a 1 year deal. Would like tonsee them bring Hardman back on a cheap 1 year deal too if they can.

LT and some depth at some positions along with whatever they are doing with Sneed is all that is left to do.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This signing allows us to sign the best available player at 32. It will still likely be a WR because of the depth at the position in the draft.

I'll still say I think we take a stab at Ladd McConkey or Xavier Worthy or but I would love a trade up for Brock Bowers if he falls (Kelce replacement).

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This signing allows us to sign the best available player at 32. It will still likely be a WR because of the depth at the position in the draft.

I'll still say I think we take a stab at Ladd McConkey or Xavier Worthy or but I would love a trade up for Brock Bowers if he falls (Kelce replacement).
Bowers would be a gift but to get him the Chiefs would have to trade up, I wonder if he will be there in the bottom half of the draft? Most mock draft have him going anywhere from 10 to 15, not sure the Chiefs could move up that high from 32, but he would totally change our offense and be a great replacement for Kelsey, as you say.

Reactions: Halincandenza

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers have something like a combined $160+ mil in dead cap for the upcoming season. That is a lot of dollars unavailable to challenge the Chiefs for the division.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers have something like a combined $160+ mil in dead cap for the upcoming season. That is a lot of dollars unavailable to challenge the Chiefs for the division.
Cannot wait for the Chargers downfall. Not like they were killing with with Herbert on a rookie deal anyways... Tom Telesco made so many bad moves to put them into cap hell. Now they have overrated Justin Herbert with possibly the worst group of weapons in the league... Gus Edwards, Quentin Johnston, Josh Palmer, Will Dissly and Donald Parham????

Now Tom Telesco is the GM in Las Vegas. I give it a couple years and they'll be in cap hell too.

Reactions: Halincandenza

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

I'm holding out hope that the Hollywood signing let's them take Tampa at 32. Bowers would be great but would have to trade up a lot, he'll be a top 15 pick.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I've seen as high as Miami at 21 in a few mocks, we'll see.
Could be but I don't put a ton in the mocks that have guys moving up and down a lot. Mocks seem like mostly clickbait. Players don't move around that much on teams boards.

I know they met with three WRs at the combine Troy Franklin, Xavier Worthy, and Ladd McConkey, they also met with two TEs, Theo Johnson and Ja'Tavion Sanders and one DL in Darius Robinson. CB seems down the list of needs. IF they Trade Sneed I think they go get a vet on a vet minimum contract like a Kendall Fuller. Because I know they like Nazeeh Johnson and they still have Watson and WIlliams and of course McDuffie.
They need a Tackle, an interior lineman, WR, LB, RB, DT

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018